Whole Milk vs Buttermilk: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Whole milk vs buttermilk - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in whole milk is much more calories than in buttermilk.
Whole milk has 61 kcal per 100g and buttermilk 105 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 72 %.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in whole milk cames from fat and in buttermilk from protein.
whole milk or buttermilk - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: buttermilk - 72% more than whole milk
- Carbohydrates: buttermilk - 999% more than whole milk
- Fat: buttermilk - 67% more than whole milk
- Protein: buttermilk - 1006% more than whole milk
- Water: whole milk - 2870% more than buttermilk
Whole milk vs buttermilk nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|per 100g||Whole milk||Buttermilk|
|Carbohydrates||4.46 g||49 g|
|Fat||3.46 g||5.78 g|
|Protein||3.1 g||34.3 g|
|Water||88.2 g||2.97 g|
|Calcium||101 mg||1184 mg|
|Iron||0.05 mg||0.3 mg|
|Magnessium||5 mg||110 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.3 mg||0.4 mg|
|Potassium||253 mg||1592 mg|
|Sodium||3 mg||517 mg|
|Zink||0.3 mg||0.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.02 mg||0.392 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.105 mg||1.579 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.043 mg||0.876 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.034 mg||0.338 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.005 mg||0.047 mg|
|Vitaminium C||0.9 mg||5.7 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.08 mg||0.1 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in whole milk is less protein than in buttermilk.
There is 34.3g per 100g of buttermilk and 3.1g per 100g of whole milk so using simple math we can see that difference is about 1006 %.
In whole milk is less carbohydrates than in buttermilk.
There is 49g/100g of carbohydrates in buttermilk and 4.46g/100g in whole milk so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 999 %.
In whole milk is less fats than in buttermilk.
The tables above show us that there is 5.78g/100g of fats in buttermilk and 3.46g/100g in whole milk. In this case difference is about 67 %.
See tables below to compare whole milk with buttermilk in details.
- Carbohydrates4.46 g
- Fat3.46 g
- Protein3.1 g
- Water88.2 g
100g | ounce | glass | cup | small glass | cup | half cup
- 29% CARBS.
- 20% PROTEIN
- 51% FAT
Vitamins: buttermilk vs whole milk
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): buttermilk 1860% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): buttermilk 1404% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): buttermilk 1937% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B6: buttermilk 894% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): buttermilk 840% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium C: buttermilk 533% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium E: buttermilk 25% more than whole milk
Minerals: whole milk vs buttermilk
- Calcium: buttermilk 1072% more than whole milk
- Iron: buttermilk 500% more than whole milk
- Magnessium: buttermilk 2100% more than whole milk
- Phosphorus: buttermilk 33% more than whole milk
- Potassium: buttermilk 529% more than whole milk
- Sodium: buttermilk 17133% more than whole milk
- Zink: buttermilk 33% more than whole milk
Compares of whole milk
- Whole Milk vs Cottage Cheese
- Whole Milk vs Gouda Cheese
- Whole Milk vs Buttermilk
- Whole Milk vs Goat Milk
- Whole Milk vs Breast Milk
- Whole Milk vs Sheep Milk
- see all compares of whole milk
Compares of buttermilk
- Calories from Whole milk
- Calories of Chicken
- Calories in Lemon juice
- Coffee calories per 100g
- Cocoa carbs per 100g
- Stromboli protein per 100g
- Moo Goo Gai Pan fat per 100g
- How many calories does Boost have?
- Calories in a half of chicken patty
- Calories in whole chicken patty
- Calories for one, two or more chicken patties
- How much protein in brandy and cola?