Mackerel vs Trout: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Mackerel
At first glance, you can see that in mackerel is more calories than in trout.
Mackerel has 205 kcal per 100g and trout 141 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 45%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in mackerel cames from fat and in trout from protein.
See tables below to compare mackerel with trout in details.
Fact 2: Mackerel And Trout Nutrition Difference
Trout vs Mackerel: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Fat||13.89 g||6.18 g|
|Protein||18.6 g||19.94 g|
|Water||63.55 g||73.8 g|
|Calcium||12 mg||25 mg|
|Iron||1.63 mg||0.31 mg|
|Magnessium||76 mg||25 mg|
|Phosphorus||5 mg||0.1 mg|
|Potassium||314 mg||377 mg|
|Sodium||90 mg||51 mg|
|Zink||5 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.176 mg||0.12 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.312 mg||0.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||9.08 mg||5.567 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.399 mg||0.34 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.001 mg||0.011 mg|
|Vitaminium C||0.4 mg||2.9 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.52 mg||2.34 mg|
Less protein in mackerel
It is aslo easy to see see that in mackerel is less protein than in trout.
There is 19.94g per 100g of trout and 18.6g per 100g of mackerel so using simple math we can see that difference is about 7%.
More fat in mackerel
In mackerel is more fats than in trout.
The tables above show us that there is 6.18g/100g of fats in trout and 13.89g/100g in mackerel. In this case difference is about 125%.
- Fat13.89 g
- Protein18.6 g
- Water63.55 g
100g | ounce | single piece | steak
- 0% CARBS.
- 37% PROTEIN
- 63% FAT
Vitamins: trout vs mackerel
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): mackerel 47% more than trout
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): mackerel 247% more than trout
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): mackerel 63% more than trout
- Vitaminium B6: mackerel 17% more than trout
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): trout 1000% more than mackerel
- Vitaminium C: trout 625% more than mackerel
- Vitaminium E: trout 54% more than mackerel
Minerals: mackerel vs trout
Compares of mackerel
- Mackerel vs Anchovy
- Mackerel vs Carp
- Mackerel vs Cod Fillet
- Mackerel vs Eel
- Mackerel vs Flounder
- Mackerel vs Herring
- see all compares of mackerel
Compares of trout
- Calories from Mackerel
- Calories of Smoked cheese
- Calories in Pepitas
- Biryani calories per 100g
- Bacardi rum carbs per 100g
- Matcha protein per 100g
- Shredded cheddar cheese fat per 100g
- How many calories does banana pudding have?
- Calories in a half of potato salad with egg
- Calories in whole potato salad with egg
- Calories for one, two or more potato salad with egg
- How much protein in pecan pie?