Mackerel vs Salmon: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Mackerel vs salmon - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in mackerel is just a little more calories than in salmon.
Mackerel has 205 kcal per 100g and salmon 208 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 1 %.
In mackerel and in salmon most calories came from fat.
mackerel or salmon - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: salmon - 1% more than mackerel
- Fat: mackerel - 4% more than salmon
- Protein: salmon - 10% more than mackerel
- Water: salmon - 2% more than mackerel
Mackerel vs salmon nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|Fat||13.89 g||13.42 g|
|Protein||18.6 g||20.42 g|
|Water||63.55 g||64.89 g|
|Calcium||12 mg||9 mg|
|Iron||1.63 mg||0.34 mg|
|Magnessium||76 mg||27 mg|
|Phosphorus||5 mg||0.5 mg|
|Potassium||314 mg||363 mg|
|Sodium||90 mg||59 mg|
|Zink||5 mg||0.5 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.176 mg||0.207 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.312 mg||0.155 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||9.08 mg||8.672 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.399 mg||0.636 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.001 mg||0.026 mg|
|Vitaminium C||0.4 mg||3.9 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.52 mg||3.55 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.005 mg||0.001 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in mackerel is less protein than in salmon.
There is 20.42g per 100g of salmon and 18.6g per 100g of mackerel so using simple math we can see that difference is about 10 %.
There is the same amount of carbohydrates in mackerel and salmon - 0g/100g.
In mackerel is more fats than in salmon.
The tables above show us that there is 13.42g/100g of fats in salmon and 13.89g/100g in mackerel. In this case difference is about 4 %.
See tables below to compare mackerel with salmon in details.
- Fat13.89 g
- Protein18.6 g
- Water63.55 g
100g | ounce | single piece | steak
- 0% CARBS.
- 37% PROTEIN
- 63% FAT
Vitamins: salmon vs mackerel
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): salmon 18% more than mackerel
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): mackerel 101% more than salmon
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): mackerel 5% more than salmon
- Vitaminium B6: salmon 59% more than mackerel
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): salmon 2500% more than mackerel
- Vitaminium C: salmon 875% more than mackerel
- Vitaminium E: salmon 134% more than mackerel
- Vitaminium K: mackerel 400% more than salmon
Minerals: mackerel vs salmon
Compares of mackerel
- Mackerel vs Anchovy
- Mackerel vs Carp
- Mackerel vs Cod Fillet
- Mackerel vs Eel
- Mackerel vs Flounder
- Mackerel vs Herring
- see all compares of mackerel
Compares of salmon
- Calories from Mackerel
- Calories of Smoked cheese
- Calories in Pepitas
- Biryani calories per 100g
- Bacardi rum carbs per 100g
- Matcha protein per 100g
- Shredded cheddar cheese fat per 100g
- How many calories does banana pudding have?
- Calories in a half of potato salad with egg
- Calories in whole potato salad with egg
- Calories for one, two or more potato salad with egg
- How much protein in pecan pie?