Mackerel vs Salmon: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Mackerel vs salmon - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in mackerel is just a little less calories than in salmon.
Mackerel has 205 kcal per 100g and salmon 208 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 1 %.
In mackerel and in salmon most calories came from fat.
mackerel or salmon - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: salmon - 1% more than mackerel.
- Fat: mackerel - 3% more than salmon.
- Protein: salmon - 10% more than mackerel.
- Water: salmon - 2% more than mackerel.
Mackerel vs salmon: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|Fat||13.89 g||13.42 g|
|Protein||18.6 g||20.42 g|
|Water||63.55 g||64.89 g|
|Calcium||12 mg||9 mg|
|Iron||1.63 mg||0.34 mg|
|Magnessium||76 mg||27 mg|
|Phosphorus||5 mg||0.5 mg|
|Potassium||314 mg||363 mg|
|Sodium||90 mg||59 mg|
|Zink||5 mg||0.5 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.176 mg||0.207 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.312 mg||0.155 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||9.08 mg||8.672 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.399 mg||0.636 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.001 mg||0.026 mg|
|Vitaminium C||0.4 mg||3.9 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.52 mg||3.55 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.005 mg||0.001 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in mackerel is less protein than in salmon.
There is 20.42g per 100g of salmon and 18.6g per 100g of mackerel so using simple math we can see that difference is about 10 %.
Where is more carbs?
There is the same amount of carbohydrates in mackerel and salmon - 0g/100g.
Where is more fats?
In mackerel is more fats than in salmon.
Tables below show us that there is 13.42g/100g of fats in salmon and 13.89g/100g in mackerel. In this case difference is about 3 %.
See tables below to compare mackerel with salmon in details.
- Fat13.89 g
- Protein18.6 g
- Water63.55 g
100g | ounce | single piece | steak
- 0% CARBS.
- 37% PROTEIN
- 63% FAT
mackerel or salmon - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): salmon - 18% more than mackerel.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): mackerel - 50% more than salmon.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): mackerel - 4% more than salmon.
- Vitaminium B6: salmon - 59% more than mackerel.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): salmon - 2500% more than mackerel.
- Vitaminium C: salmon - 875% more than mackerel.
- Vitaminium E: salmon - 134% more than mackerel.
- Vitaminium K: mackerel - 80% more than salmon.
mackerel or salmon - where is more minerals?
Compares of mackerel
- Anchovy vs Mackerel
- Carp vs Mackerel
- Cod Fillet vs Mackerel
- Eel vs Mackerel
- Flounder vs Mackerel
- Herring vs Mackerel
Compares of salmon
- Calories from Mackerel
- Calories of Smoked cheese
- Calories in Pepitas
- Biryani calories per 100g
- Bacardi rum carbs per 100g
- Matcha protein per 100g
- Shredded cheddar cheese fat per 100g
- How many calories does banana pudding have?
- Calories in a half of potato salad with egg
- Calories in whole potato salad with egg
- Calories for one, two or more potato salad with egg
- How much protein in pecan pie?