Macadamia Nuts vs Walnuts: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Macadamia nuts
At first glance, you can see that in macadamia nuts is more calories than in walnuts.
Macadamia nuts has 718 kcal per 100g and walnuts 654 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 10%.
In macadamia nuts and in walnuts most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare macadamia nuts with walnuts in details.
Fact 2: Macadamia nuts And Walnuts Nutrition Difference
Walnuts vs Macadamia nuts: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Macadamia nuts||Walnuts|
|Carbohydrates||13.82 g||13.71 g|
|Fat||75.77 g||65.21 g|
|Dietary fiber||8.6 g||6.7 g|
|Protein||7.91 g||15.23 g|
|Calcium||85 mg||98 mg|
|Iron||3.69 mg||2.9 mg|
|Magnessium||130 mg||158 mg|
|Phosphorus||188 mg||346 mg|
|Potassium||368 mg||441 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||2 mg|
|Zink||1.3 mg||3.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||1.195 mg||0.341 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.162 mg||0.15 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||2.473 mg||1.125 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.758 mg||0.57 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.275 mg||0.537 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||11 mg||98 mg|
|Vitaminium C||1.2 mg||1.3 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.24 mg||20.83 mg|
Less protein in macadamia nuts
It is aslo easy to see see that in macadamia nuts is less protein than in walnuts.
There is 15.23g per 100g of walnuts and 7.91g per 100g of macadamia nuts so using simple math we can see that difference is about 93%.
More carbohydrates in macadamia nuts
In macadamia nuts is more carbohydrates than in walnuts.
There is 13.71g/100g of carbohydrates in walnuts and 13.82g/100g in macadamia nuts so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 1%.
More fat in macadamia nuts
In macadamia nuts is more fats than in walnuts.
The tables above show us that there is 65.21g/100g of fats in walnuts and 75.77g/100g in macadamia nuts. In this case difference is about 16%.
- Carbohydrates13.82 g
- Fat75.77 g
- Dietary fiber8.6 g
- Protein7.91 g
100g | ounce | single piece | handfull | cup | half cup
- 7% CARBS.
- 4% PROTEIN
- 89% FAT
Vitamins: walnuts vs macadamia nuts
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): macadamia nuts 250% more than walnuts
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): macadamia nuts 8% more than walnuts
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): macadamia nuts 120% more than walnuts
- Vitaminium B5: macadamia nuts 33% more than walnuts
- Vitaminium B6: walnuts 95% more than macadamia nuts
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): walnuts 791% more than macadamia nuts
- Vitaminium C: walnuts 8% more than macadamia nuts
- Vitaminium E: walnuts 8579% more than macadamia nuts
Minerals: macadamia nuts vs walnuts
- Calcium: walnuts 15% more than macadamia nuts
- Iron: macadamia nuts 27% more than walnuts
- Magnessium: walnuts 22% more than macadamia nuts
- Phosphorus: walnuts 84% more than macadamia nuts
- Potassium: walnuts 20% more than macadamia nuts
- Sodium: macadamia nuts 150% more than walnuts
- Zink: walnuts 138% more than macadamia nuts
Compares of macadamia nuts
- Macadamia Nuts vs Almonds
- Macadamia Nuts vs Brazil Nuts
- Macadamia Nuts vs Cashew Nuts
- Macadamia Nuts vs Chestnuts
- Macadamia Nuts vs Coconut
- Macadamia Nuts vs Hazelnuts
- see all compares of macadamia nuts
Compares of walnuts
- Calories from Macadamia nuts
- Calories of Peanuts
- Calories in Pecan
- Pine nuts calories per 100g
- Pistachios carbs per 100g
- Poppy seed protein per 100g
- Pumpkin seeds fat per 100g
- How many calories does quinoa have?
- Calories in handful of sunflower seeds
- Calories in tablespoon of sunflower seeds
- How much protein in walnuts?