Macadamia Nuts vs Pistachios: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Macadamia nuts
At first glance, you can see that in macadamia nuts is more calories than in pistachios.
Macadamia nuts has 718 kcal per 100g and pistachios 557 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 29%.
In macadamia nuts and in pistachios most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare macadamia nuts with pistachios in details.
Fact 2: Macadamia nuts And Pistachios Nutrition Difference
Pistachios vs Macadamia nuts: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Macadamia nuts||Pistachios|
|Carbohydrates||13.82 g||27.97 g|
|Fat||75.77 g||44.44 g|
|Dietary fiber||8.6 g||10.3 g|
|Protein||7.91 g||20.6 g|
|Calcium||85 mg||107 mg|
|Iron||3.69 mg||4.15 mg|
|Magnessium||130 mg||121 mg|
|Phosphorus||188 mg||376 mg|
|Potassium||368 mg||1025 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||1 mg|
|Zink||1.3 mg||2.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||1.195 mg||0.87 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.162 mg||0.16 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||2.473 mg||1.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.758 mg||0.52 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.275 mg||1.7 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||11 mg||51 mg|
|Vitaminium C||1.2 mg||5 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.24 mg||22.6 mg|
Less protein in macadamia nuts
It is aslo easy to see see that in macadamia nuts is less protein than in pistachios.
There is 20.6g per 100g of pistachios and 7.91g per 100g of macadamia nuts so using simple math we can see that difference is about 160%.
Less carbohydrates in macadamia nuts
In macadamia nuts is less carbohydrates than in pistachios.
There is 27.97g/100g of carbohydrates in pistachios and 13.82g/100g in macadamia nuts so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 102%.
More fat in macadamia nuts
In macadamia nuts is more fats than in pistachios.
The tables above show us that there is 44.44g/100g of fats in pistachios and 75.77g/100g in macadamia nuts. In this case difference is about 70%.
- Carbohydrates13.82 g
- Fat75.77 g
- Dietary fiber8.6 g
- Protein7.91 g
100g | ounce | single piece | handfull | cup | half cup
- 7% CARBS.
- 4% PROTEIN
- 89% FAT
Vitamins: pistachios vs macadamia nuts
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): macadamia nuts 37% more than pistachios
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): macadamia nuts 1% more than pistachios
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): macadamia nuts 90% more than pistachios
- Vitaminium B5: macadamia nuts 46% more than pistachios
- Vitaminium B6: pistachios 518% more than macadamia nuts
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): pistachios 364% more than macadamia nuts
- Vitaminium C: pistachios 317% more than macadamia nuts
- Vitaminium E: pistachios 9317% more than macadamia nuts
Minerals: macadamia nuts vs pistachios
- Calcium: pistachios 26% more than macadamia nuts
- Iron: pistachios 12% more than macadamia nuts
- Magnessium: macadamia nuts 7% more than pistachios
- Phosphorus: pistachios 100% more than macadamia nuts
- Potassium: pistachios 179% more than macadamia nuts
- Sodium: macadamia nuts 400% more than pistachios
- Zink: pistachios 69% more than macadamia nuts
Compares of macadamia nuts
- Macadamia Nuts vs Almonds
- Macadamia Nuts vs Brazil Nuts
- Macadamia Nuts vs Cashew Nuts
- Macadamia Nuts vs Chestnuts
- Macadamia Nuts vs Coconut
- Macadamia Nuts vs Hazelnuts
- see all compares of macadamia nuts
Compares of pistachios
- Calories from Macadamia nuts
- Calories of Peanuts
- Calories in Pecan
- Pine nuts calories per 100g
- Pistachios carbs per 100g
- Poppy seed protein per 100g
- Pumpkin seeds fat per 100g
- How many calories does quinoa have?
- Calories in handful of sunflower seeds
- Calories in tablespoon of sunflower seeds
- How much protein in walnuts?