Linseed vs Sesame Seeds: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Linseed vs sesame - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in linseed is just a little more calories than in sesame.
Linseed has 534 kcal per 100g and sesame 573 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 7 %.
In linseed and in sesame most calories came from fat.
linseed or sesame - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: sesame - 7% more than linseed
- Carbohydrates: linseed - 23% more than sesame
- Fat: sesame - 18% more than linseed
- Dietary fiber: linseed - 131% more than sesame
- Protein: linseed - 3% more than sesame
Linseed vs sesame nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|per 100g||Linseed||Sesame seeds|
|Carbohydrates||28.8 g||23.45 g|
|Fat||42.16 g||49.67 g|
|Dietary fiber||27.3 g||11.8 g|
|Protein||18.3 g||17.73 g|
|Calcium||255 mg||975 mg|
|Iron||5.73 mg||14.55 mg|
|Magnessium||392 mg||351 mg|
|Potassium||813 mg||468 mg|
|Sodium||30 mg||11 mg|
|Zink||4.34 mg||7.75 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||1.64 mg||0.791 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.161 mg||0.247 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||3.08 mg||4.515 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.985 mg||0.05 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.473 mg||0.79 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||87 mg||97 mg|
|Vitaminium E||19.95 mg||0.25 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in linseed is more protein than in sesame.
There is 17.73g per 100g of sesame and 18.3g per 100g of linseed so using simple math we can see that difference is about 3 %.
In linseed is more carbohydrates than in sesame.
There is 23.45g/100g of carbohydrates in sesame and 28.8g/100g in linseed so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 23 %.
In linseed is less fats than in sesame.
The tables above show us that there is 49.67g/100g of fats in sesame and 42.16g/100g in linseed. In this case difference is about 18 %.
See tables below to compare linseed with sesame in details.
- Carbohydrates28.8 g
- Fat42.16 g
- Dietary fiber27.3 g
- Protein18.3 g
100g | ounce | handfull | tablespoon | cup | half cup
- 20% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 67% FAT
Vitamins: sesame vs linseed
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): linseed 107% more than sesame
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sesame 53% more than linseed
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): sesame 47% more than linseed
- Vitaminium B5: linseed 1870% more than sesame
- Vitaminium B6: sesame 67% more than linseed
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): sesame 11% more than linseed
- Vitaminium E: linseed 7880% more than sesame
Minerals: linseed vs sesame
Compares of linseed
- Linseed vs Buckwheat
- Linseed vs Chia Seeds
- Linseed vs Poppy Seed
- Linseed vs Quinoa
- Linseed vs Sesame
- Linseed vs Flaxseed
- see all compares of linseed