Lettuce vs Mustard Greens: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Lettuce
At first glance, you can see that in lettuce is much less calories than in mustard greens leaves.
Lettuce has 15 kcal per 100g and mustard greens leaves 27 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 80 %.
In lettuce and in mustard greens leaves most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare lettuce with mustard greens leaves in details.
Fact 2: Lettuce And Mustard greens leaves Nutrition Difference
Mustard greens leaves vs Lettuce: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Lettuce||Mustard greens|
|Carbohydrates||2.87 g||4.67 g|
|Fat||0.15 g||0.42 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.3 g||3.2 g|
|Protein||1.36 g||2.86 g|
|Calcium||36 mg||115 mg|
|Iron||0.86 mg||1.64 mg|
|Magnessium||13 mg||32 mg|
|Potassium||194 mg||384 mg|
|Sodium||28 mg||20 mg|
|Zink||0.18 mg||0.25 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.07 mg||0.08 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.08 mg||0.11 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.375 mg||0.8 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.134 mg||0.21 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.09 mg||0.18 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||38 mg||12 mg|
|Vitaminium C||9.2 mg||70 mg|
|Vitaminium K||126.3 mg||257.5 mg|
|Beta karoten||4443 mg||1790 mg|
Less protein in lettuce
It is aslo easy to see see that in lettuce is less protein than in mustard greens leaves.
There is 2.86g per 100g of mustard greens leaves and 1.36g per 100g of lettuce so using simple math we can see that difference is about 110 %.
Less carbohydrates in lettuce
In lettuce is less carbohydrates than in mustard greens leaves.
There is 4.67g/100g of carbohydrates in mustard greens leaves and 2.87g/100g in lettuce so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 63 %.
Less fat in lettuce
In lettuce is less fats than in mustard greens leaves.
The tables above show us that there is 0.42g/100g of fats in mustard greens leaves and 0.15g/100g in lettuce. In this case difference is about 180 %.
- Carbohydrates2.87 g
- Fat0.15 g
- Dietary fiber1.3 g
- Protein1.36 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | chopped | 1 large leaf
- 63% CARBS.
- 30% PROTEIN
- 7% FAT
Vitamins: mustard greens leaves vs lettuce
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): mustard greens leaves 14% more than lettuce
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): mustard greens leaves 38% more than lettuce
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): mustard greens leaves 113% more than lettuce
- Vitaminium B5: mustard greens leaves 57% more than lettuce
- Vitaminium B6: mustard greens leaves 100% more than lettuce
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): lettuce 217% more than mustard greens leaves
- Vitaminium C: mustard greens leaves 661% more than lettuce
- Vitaminium K: mustard greens leaves 104% more than lettuce
- Beta karoten: lettuce 148% more than mustard greens leaves
Minerals: lettuce vs mustard greens leaves
- Calcium: mustard greens leaves 219% more than lettuce
- Iron: mustard greens leaves 91% more than lettuce
- Magnessium: mustard greens leaves 146% more than lettuce
- Potassium: mustard greens leaves 98% more than lettuce
- Sodium: lettuce 40% more than mustard greens leaves
- Zink: mustard greens leaves 39% more than lettuce
Compares of lettuce
- Lettuce vs Artichoke
- Lettuce vs Arugula
- Lettuce vs Asparagus
- Lettuce vs Pepper
- Lettuce vs Bok Choy
- Lettuce vs Broccoli
- see all compares of lettuce
Compares of mustard greens leaves
- Calories from Lettuce
- Calories of Lima beans
- Calories in Lotus root
- Moringa calories per 100g
- Mustard greens carbs per 100g
- Okra protein per 100g
- Onion fat per 100g
- How many calories do parsnips have?
- Calories in a half of potato
- Calories in whole potato
- Calories for one, two or more potatoes
- How much protein in pumpkin?