Lemongrass vs Green Onions: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Lemongrass
At first glance, you can see that in lemongrass is much more calories than in green onions.
Lemongrass has 99 kcal per 100g and green onions 32 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 209%.
In lemongrass and in green onion most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare lemongrass with green onions in details.
Fact 2: Lemongrass And Green onions Nutrition Difference
Green onions vs Lemongrass: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Lemongrass||Green onions|
|Carbohydrates||25.31 g||7.34 g|
|Fat||0.49 g||0.19 g|
|Protein||1.82 g||1.83 g|
|Calcium||65 mg||72 mg|
|Iron||8.17 mg||1.48 mg|
|Magnessium||60 mg||20 mg|
|Potassium||723 mg||276 mg|
|Sodium||6 mg||16 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.065 mg||0.055 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.135 mg||0.08 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.101 mg||0.525 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.08 mg||0.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||75 mg||0.064 mg|
|Vitaminium C||2.6 mg||18.8 mg|
Less protein in lemongrass
It is aslo easy to see see that in lemongrass is less protein than in green onions.
There is 1.83g per 100g of green onions and 1.82g per 100g of lemongrass so using simple math we can see that difference is about 1%.
More carbohydrates in lemongrass
In lemongrass is more carbohydrates than in green onions.
There is 7.34g/100g of carbohydrates in green onions and 25.31g/100g in lemongrass so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 245%.
More fat in lemongrass
In lemongrass is more fats than in green onions.
The tables above show us that there is 0.19g/100g of fats in green onions and 0.49g/100g in lemongrass. In this case difference is about 158%.
- Carbohydrates25.31 g
- Fat0.49 g
- Protein1.82 g
100g | ounce | single piece | bunch | cup | chopped
- 90% CARBS.
- 6% PROTEIN
- 4% FAT
Vitamins: green onions vs lemongrass
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): lemongrass 18% more than green onions
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): lemongrass 69% more than green onions
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): lemongrass 110% more than green onions
- Vitaminium B6: lemongrass 31% more than green onions
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): lemongrass 117088% more than green onions
- Vitaminium C: green onions 623% more than lemongrass
Minerals: lemongrass vs green onions
Compares of lemongrass
- Lemongrass vs Basil
- Lemongrass vs Celery
- Lemongrass vs Dill
- Lemongrass vs Parsley
- Lemongrass vs Rosemary
- Lemongrass vs Tarragon
- see all compares of lemongrass
Compares of green onion
- see all compares of green onions
- Calories from Lemongrass
- Calories of Oregano
- Calories in Parsley
- Peppermint calories per 100g
- Rosemary carbs per 100g
- Sage protein per 100g
- Savory fat per 100g
- How many calories does mint have?
- Calories in handful of tarragon leaves
- Calories in tablespoon of tarragon leaves
- Calories in bunch of tarragon leaves
- How much protein in thyme?