Leek vs Onion: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Leek vs onion - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in leek is more calories than in onion.
Leek has 61 kcal per 100g and onion 40 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 34 %.
In leek and in onion most calories came from carbs.
leek or onion - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: leek - 34% more than onion.
- Carbohydrates: leek - 34% more than onion.
- Fat: leek - 67% more than onion.
- Dietary fiber: leek - 6% more than onion.
- Protein: leek - 27% more than onion.
Leek vs onion: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|Carbohydrates||14.15 g||9.34 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||0.1 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.8 g||1.7 g|
|Protein||1.5 g||1.1 g|
|Calcium||59 mg||23 mg|
|Magnessium||28 mg||10 mg|
|Phosphorus||35 mg||29 mg|
|Potassium||180 mg||146 mg|
|Sodium||20 mg||4 mg|
|Zink||1.2 mg||0.17 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.06 mg||0.046 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.03 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.4 mg||0.116 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.14 mg||0.123 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.233 mg||0.12 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||64 mg||19 mg|
|Vitaminium C||12 mg||7.4 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.92 mg||0.02 mg|
|Beta karoten||1000 mg||1 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in leek is more protein than in onion.
There is 1.1g per 100g of onion and 1.5g per 100g of leek so using simple math we can see that difference is about 27 %.
Where is more carbs?
In leek is more carbohydrates than in onion.
There is 9.34g/100g of carbohydrates in onion and 14.15g/100g in leek so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 34 %.
Where is more fats?
In leek is more fats than in onion.
Tables below show us that there is 0.1g/100g of fats in onion and 0.3g/100g in leek. In this case difference is about 67 %.
See tables below to compare leek with onion in details.
- Carbohydrates14.15 g
- Fat0.3 g
- Dietary fiber1.8 g
- Protein1.5 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 87% CARBS.
- 9% PROTEIN
- 4% FAT
leek or onion - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): leek - 23% more than onion.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): leek - 10% more than onion.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): leek - 71% more than onion.
- Vitaminium B5: leek - 12% more than onion.
- Vitaminium B6: leek - 48% more than onion.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): leek - 70% more than onion.
- Vitaminium C: leek - 38% more than onion.
- Vitaminium E: leek - 98% more than onion.
- Beta karoten: leek - 100% more than onion.
leek or onion - where is more minerals?
Compares of leek
Compares of onion
- Calories from Leek
- Calories of Lettuce
- Calories in Lima beans
- Lotus root calories per 100g
- Moringa carbs per 100g
- Mustard greens protein per 100g
- Okra fat per 100g
- How many calories does onion have?
- Calories in a half of peas
- Calories in whole peas
- Calories for one, two or more peas
- Calories in handful of peas
- Calories in tablespoon of peas
- How much protein in potato?