Ketchup vs Tomato Sauce: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Ketchup vs tomato sauce - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in ketchup is much more calories than in tomato sauce.
Ketchup has 101 kcal per 100g and tomato sauce 24 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 76 %.
In ketchup and in tomato sauce most calories came from carbs.
ketchup or tomato sauce - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: ketchup - 76% more than tomato sauce.
- Carbohydrates: ketchup - 81% more than tomato sauce.
- Fat: tomato sauce - 200% more than ketchup.
- Dietary fiber: tomato sauce - 400% more than ketchup.
- Protein: tomato sauce - 15% more than ketchup.
- Water: tomato sauce - 33% more than ketchup.
Ketchup vs tomato sauce: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|per 100g||Ketchup||Tomato sauce|
|Carbohydrates||27.4 g||5.31 g|
|Fat||0.1 g||0.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||0.3 g||1.5 g|
|Protein||1.04 g||1.2 g|
|Water||68.51 g||91.28 g|
|Calcium||15 mg||14 mg|
|Iron||0.35 mg||0.96 mg|
|Magnessium||13 mg||15 mg|
|Phosphorus||3 mg||2.8 mg|
|Potassium||281 mg||297 mg|
|Sodium||907 mg||11 mg|
|Zink||3 mg||2.8 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.011 mg||0.024 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.166 mg||0.065 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.434 mg||0.991 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.158 mg||0.098 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.009 mg||0.009 mg|
|Vitaminium C||4.1 mg||7 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.46 mg||1.44 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.003 mg||0.003 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in ketchup is less protein than in tomato sauce.
There is 1.2g per 100g of tomato sauce and 1.04g per 100g of ketchup so using simple math we can see that difference is about 15 %.
Where is more carbs?
In ketchup is more carbohydrates than in tomato sauce.
There is 5.31g/100g of carbohydrates in tomato sauce and 27.4g/100g in ketchup so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 81 %.
Where is more fats?
In ketchup is less fats than in tomato sauce.
Tables below show us that there is 0.3g/100g of fats in tomato sauce and 0.1g/100g in ketchup. In this case difference is about 200 %.
See tables below to compare ketchup with tomato sauce in details.
- Carbohydrates27.4 g
- Fat0.1 g
- Dietary fiber0.3 g
- Protein1.04 g
- Water68.51 g
100g | ounce | single piece | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 96% CARBS.
- 4% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
ketchup or tomato sauce - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): tomato sauce - 118% more than ketchup.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): ketchup - 61% more than tomato sauce.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): ketchup - 31% more than tomato sauce.
- Vitaminium B6: ketchup - 38% more than tomato sauce.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): tomato sauce - 0% more than ketchup.
- Vitaminium C: tomato sauce - 71% more than ketchup.
- Vitaminium E: ketchup - 1% more than tomato sauce.
- Vitaminium K: tomato sauce - 0% more than ketchup.
ketchup or tomato sauce - where is more minerals?
- Calcium: ketchup - 7% more than tomato sauce.
- Iron: tomato sauce - 174% more than ketchup.
- Magnessium: tomato sauce - 15% more than ketchup.
- Phosphorus: ketchup - 7% more than tomato sauce.
- Potassium: tomato sauce - 6% more than ketchup.
- Sodium: ketchup - 99% more than tomato sauce.
- Zink: ketchup - 7% more than tomato sauce.
Compares of ketchup
- Celery vs Ketchup
- Coriander vs Ketchup
- Dill vs Ketchup
- Epazote vs Ketchup
- Lemongrass vs Ketchup
- Oregano vs Ketchup
Compares of tomato sauce
- Calories from Ketchup
- Calories of Lobster
- Calories in Algae
- Sausage gravy calories per 100g
- Turkey patty carbs per 100g
- Lemon bar protein per 100g
- Tic Tac fat per 100g
- How many calories does ravioli with cheese and spinach have?
- Calories in a half of microwave popcorn
- Calories in whole microwave popcorn
- Calories for one, two or more microwave popcorn
- How much protein in broccoli slaw salad?