Ketchup vs Tomato Sauce: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Ketchup
At first glance, you can see that in ketchup is much more calories than in tomato sauce.
Ketchup has 101 kcal per 100g and tomato sauce 24 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 321%.
In ketchup and in tomato sauce most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare ketchup with tomato sauce in details.
Fact 2: Ketchup And Tomato sauce Nutrition Difference
Tomato sauce vs Ketchup: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Ketchup||Tomato sauce|
|Carbohydrates||27.4 g||5.31 g|
|Fat||0.1 g||0.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||0.3 g||1.5 g|
|Protein||1.04 g||1.2 g|
|Water||68.51 g||91.28 g|
|Calcium||15 mg||14 mg|
|Iron||0.35 mg||0.96 mg|
|Magnessium||13 mg||15 mg|
|Phosphorus||3 mg||2.8 mg|
|Potassium||281 mg||297 mg|
|Sodium||907 mg||11 mg|
|Zink||3 mg||2.8 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.011 mg||0.024 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.166 mg||0.065 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.434 mg||0.991 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.158 mg||0.098 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.009 mg||0.009 mg|
|Vitaminium C||4.1 mg||7 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.46 mg||1.44 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.003 mg||0.003 mg|
Less protein in ketchup
It is aslo easy to see see that in ketchup is less protein than in tomato sauce.
There is 1.2g per 100g of tomato sauce and 1.04g per 100g of ketchup so using simple math we can see that difference is about 15%.
More carbohydrates in ketchup
In ketchup is more carbohydrates than in tomato sauce.
There is 5.31g/100g of carbohydrates in tomato sauce and 27.4g/100g in ketchup so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 416%.
Less fat in ketchup
In ketchup is less fats than in tomato sauce.
The tables above show us that there is 0.3g/100g of fats in tomato sauce and 0.1g/100g in ketchup. In this case difference is about 200%.
- Carbohydrates27.4 g
- Fat0.1 g
- Dietary fiber0.3 g
- Protein1.04 g
- Water68.51 g
100g | ounce | single piece | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 96% CARBS.
- 4% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
Vitamins: tomato sauce vs ketchup
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): tomato sauce 118% more than ketchup
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): ketchup 155% more than tomato sauce
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): ketchup 45% more than tomato sauce
- Vitaminium B6: ketchup 61% more than tomato sauce
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): tomato sauce 0% more than ketchup
- Vitaminium C: tomato sauce 71% more than ketchup
- Vitaminium E: ketchup 1% more than tomato sauce
- Vitaminium K: tomato sauce 0% more than ketchup
Minerals: ketchup vs tomato sauce
- Calcium: ketchup 7% more than tomato sauce
- Iron: tomato sauce 174% more than ketchup
- Magnessium: tomato sauce 15% more than ketchup
- Phosphorus: ketchup 7% more than tomato sauce
- Potassium: tomato sauce 6% more than ketchup
- Sodium: ketchup 8145% more than tomato sauce
- Zink: ketchup 7% more than tomato sauce
Compares of ketchup
- Ketchup vs Mustard
- Ketchup vs Mayonnaise
- Ketchup vs Soy Sauce
- Ketchup vs Tomato Sauce
- Ketchup vs Tomato
- see all compares of ketchup
Compares of tomato sauce
- Calories from Ketchup
- Calories of Lobster
- Calories in Algae
- Sausage gravy calories per 100g
- Turkey patty carbs per 100g
- Lemon bar protein per 100g
- Tic Tac fat per 100g
- How many calories does ravioli with cheese and spinach have?
- Calories in a half of microwave popcorn
- Calories in whole microwave popcorn
- Calories for one, two or more microwave popcorn
- How much protein in broccoli slaw salad?