Ice Cream vs Frozen Yogurt: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Ice cream
At first glance, you can see that in ice cream is more calories than in frozen yogurt.
Ice cream has 207 kcal per 100g and frozen yogurt 159 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 30%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in ice cream cames from fat and in frozen yogurt from carbs.
See tables below to compare ice cream with frozen yogurt in details.
Fact 2: Ice cream And Frozen yogurt Nutrition Difference
Frozen yogurt vs Ice cream: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Ice cream||Frozen yogurt|
|Carbohydrates||23.6 g||24.2 g|
|Fat||11 g||5.6 g|
|Protein||3.5 g||4 g|
|Water||61 g||65.3 g|
|Calcium||128 mg||143 mg|
|Iron||0.09 mg||0.3 mg|
|Magnessium||14 mg||14 mg|
|Potassium||199 mg||211 mg|
|Sodium||80 mg||87 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.041 mg||0.037 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.24 mg||0.224 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.116 mg||0.287 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.048 mg||0.08 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.005 mg||0.006 mg|
|Vitaminium C||0.6 mg||0.8 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.3 mg||0.11 mg|
Less protein in ice cream
It is aslo easy to see see that in ice cream is less protein than in frozen yogurt.
There is 4g per 100g of frozen yogurt and 3.5g per 100g of ice cream so using simple math we can see that difference is about 14%.
Less carbohydrates in ice cream
In ice cream is less carbohydrates than in frozen yogurt.
There is 24.2g/100g of carbohydrates in frozen yogurt and 23.6g/100g in ice cream so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 3%.
More fat in ice cream
In ice cream is more fats than in frozen yogurt.
The tables above show us that there is 5.6g/100g of fats in frozen yogurt and 11g/100g in ice cream. In this case difference is about 96%.
- Carbohydrates23.6 g
- Fat11 g
- Protein3.5 g
- Water61 g
100g | ounce | single piece | cup | half cup
- 46% CARBS.
- 7% PROTEIN
- 48% FAT
Vitamins: frozen yogurt vs ice cream
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): ice cream 11% more than frozen yogurt
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): ice cream 7% more than frozen yogurt
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): frozen yogurt 147% more than ice cream
- Vitaminium B6: frozen yogurt 67% more than ice cream
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): frozen yogurt 20% more than ice cream
- Vitaminium C: frozen yogurt 33% more than ice cream
- Vitaminium E: ice cream 173% more than frozen yogurt
Minerals: ice cream vs frozen yogurt
Compares of ice cream
- Ice Cream vs Nutella
- Ice Cream vs Sponge Cake
- Ice Cream vs Carrot Cake
- Ice Cream vs Croissant
- Ice Cream vs Dark Chocolate
- Ice Cream vs Jam
- see all compares of ice cream
Compares of frozen yogurt
- Calories from Ice cream
- Calories of Dark bread
- Calories in Cake flour
- Feta cheese calories per 100g
- Oil (sunflower) carbs per 100g
- Dried cherries protein per 100g
- Vodka fat per 100g
- How many calories does veal have?
- Calories in a half of tortellini
- Calories in whole tortellini
- Calories for one, two or more tortellini
- How much protein in celery stalk?
- Ice Cream vs Popsicle nutrition
- Ice Cream vs Frozen Custard calories
- Milk Chocolate vs Fudge protein
- Maple Syrup vs Brown Sugar sugar
- Maple Syrup vs Stevia vitamins
- Twix vs Milky Way Mini dietary fiber
- Hershey's Kiss vs Kit Kat vitaminium C
- Starburst vs Skittles magnessium
- M&m's vs Reese's Peanut Butter Cup potassium