Herring vs Tuna: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Herring vs tuna - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in herring is more calories than in tuna.
Herring has 158 kcal per 100g and tuna 144 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 10 %.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in herring cames from fat and in tuna from protein.
herring or tuna - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: herring - 10% more than tuna
- Fat: herring - 84% more than tuna
- Protein: tuna - 30% more than herring
- Water: herring - 6% more than tuna
Herring vs tuna nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|Fat||9.04 g||4.9 g|
|Protein||17.96 g||23.33 g|
|Water||72.05 g||68.09 g|
|Calcium||57 mg||8 mg|
|Iron||1.1 mg||1.02 mg|
|Magnessium||32 mg||50 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||5.7 mg|
|Potassium||327 mg||252 mg|
|Sodium||90 mg||39 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||5.7 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.092 mg||0.241 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.233 mg||0.251 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||3.217 mg||8.654 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.302 mg||0.455 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.01 mg||0.002 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.07 mg||1 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in herring is less protein than in tuna.
There is 23.33g per 100g of tuna and 17.96g per 100g of herring so using simple math we can see that difference is about 30 %.
There is the same amount of carbohydrates in herring and tuna - 0g/100g.
In herring is more fats than in tuna.
The tables above show us that there is 4.9g/100g of fats in tuna and 9.04g/100g in herring. In this case difference is about 84 %.
See tables below to compare herring with tuna in details.
- Fat9.04 g
- Protein17.96 g
- Water72.05 g
100g | ounce | single piece | steak
- 0% CARBS.
- 47% PROTEIN
- 53% FAT
Vitamins: tuna vs herring
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): tuna 162% more than herring
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): tuna 8% more than herring
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): tuna 169% more than herring
- Vitaminium B6: tuna 51% more than herring
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): herring 400% more than tuna
- Vitaminium E: herring 7% more than tuna
Minerals: herring vs tuna
Compares of herring
- Herring vs Anchovy
- Herring vs Carp
- Herring vs Flounder
- Herring vs Halibut
- Herring vs Mackerel
- Herring vs Perch
- see all compares of herring
Compares of tuna
- Calories from Herring
- Calories of Mascarpone cheese
- Calories in Ground cinnamon
- Saag paneer calories per 100g
- Gushers carbs per 100g
- Blood orange protein per 100g
- Egg foo yung fat per 100g
- How many calories does Rolo have?
- Calories in a half of spinach salad
- Calories in whole spinach salad
- Calories for one, two or more spinach salad
- How much protein in Triple Sec Syrup?