Hazelnuts vs Walnuts: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Hazelnuts vs walnuts - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in hazelnuts is just a little less calories than in walnuts.
Hazelnuts has 628 kcal per 100g and walnuts 654 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 4 %.
In hazelnuts and in walnuts most calories came from fat.
hazelnuts or walnuts - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: walnuts - 4% more than hazelnuts.
- Carbohydrates: hazelnuts - 18% more than walnuts.
- Fat: walnuts - 7% more than hazelnuts.
- Dietary fiber: hazelnuts - 31% more than walnuts.
- Protein: walnuts - 2% more than hazelnuts.
Hazelnuts vs walnuts: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|Carbohydrates||16.7 g||13.71 g|
|Fat||60.75 g||65.21 g|
|Dietary fiber||9.7 g||6.7 g|
|Protein||14.95 g||15.23 g|
|Calcium||114 mg||98 mg|
|Iron||4.7 mg||2.9 mg|
|Magnessium||163 mg||158 mg|
|Phosphorus||290 mg||346 mg|
|Potassium||680 mg||441 mg|
|Zink||2.45 mg||3.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.643 mg||0.341 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.113 mg||0.15 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.8 mg||1.125 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.918 mg||0.57 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.563 mg||0.537 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||113 mg||98 mg|
|Vitaminium C||6.3 mg||1.3 mg|
|Vitaminium E||15 mg||20.83 mg|
|Vitaminium K||14.2 mg||2.7 mg|
|Beta karoten||11 mg||12 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in hazelnuts is less protein than in walnuts.
There is 15.23g per 100g of walnuts and 14.95g per 100g of hazelnuts so using simple math we can see that difference is about 2 %.
Where is more carbs?
In hazelnuts is more carbohydrates than in walnuts.
There is 13.71g/100g of carbohydrates in walnuts and 16.7g/100g in hazelnuts so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 18 %.
Where is more fats?
In hazelnuts is less fats than in walnuts.
Tables below show us that there is 65.21g/100g of fats in walnuts and 60.75g/100g in hazelnuts. In this case difference is about 7 %.
See tables below to compare hazelnuts with walnuts in details.
- Carbohydrates16.7 g
- Fat60.75 g
- Dietary fiber9.7 g
- Protein14.95 g
100g | ounce | single piece | handfull | cup | half cup
- 10% CARBS.
- 9% PROTEIN
- 81% FAT
hazelnuts or walnuts - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): hazelnuts - 47% more than walnuts.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): walnuts - 33% more than hazelnuts.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): hazelnuts - 38% more than walnuts.
- Vitaminium B5: hazelnuts - 38% more than walnuts.
- Vitaminium B6: hazelnuts - 5% more than walnuts.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): hazelnuts - 13% more than walnuts.
- Vitaminium C: hazelnuts - 79% more than walnuts.
- Vitaminium E: walnuts - 39% more than hazelnuts.
- Vitaminium K: hazelnuts - 81% more than walnuts.
- Beta karoten: walnuts - 9% more than hazelnuts.
hazelnuts or walnuts - where is more minerals?
Compares of hazelnuts
- Almonds vs Hazelnuts
- Brazil Nuts vs Hazelnuts
- Cashew Nuts vs Hazelnuts
- Chestnuts vs Hazelnuts
- Coconut vs Hazelnuts
- Hazelnuts vs Macadamia Nuts
Compares of walnuts
- Calories from Hazelnuts
- Calories of Macadamia nuts
- Calories in Peanuts
- Pecan calories per 100g
- Pine nuts carbs per 100g
- Pistachios protein per 100g
- Poppy seed fat per 100g
- How many calories do pumpkin seeds have?
- Calories in handful of sesame seeds
- Calories in tablespoon of sesame seeds
- How much protein in sunflower?
- Macadamia Nuts vs Peanuts nutrition
- Macadamia Nuts vs Pecan calories
- Macadamia Nuts vs Pine Nuts protein
- Macadamia Nuts vs Pistachios sugar
- Macadamia Nuts vs Walnuts vitamins
- Macadamia Nuts vs Almond Flakes dietary fiber
- Peanuts vs Pecan vitaminium C
- Peanuts vs Pine Nuts magnessium
- Peanuts vs Pistachios potassium