Hazelnuts vs Walnuts: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Hazelnuts vs walnuts - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in hazelnuts is just a little more calories than in walnuts.
Hazelnuts has 628 kcal per 100g and walnuts 654 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 4 %.
In hazelnuts and in walnuts most calories came from fat.
hazelnuts or walnuts - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: walnuts - 4% more than hazelnuts
- Carbohydrates: hazelnuts - 22% more than walnuts
- Fat: walnuts - 7% more than hazelnuts
- Dietary fiber: hazelnuts - 45% more than walnuts
- Protein: walnuts - 2% more than hazelnuts
Hazelnuts vs walnuts nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|Carbohydrates||16.7 g||13.71 g|
|Fat||60.75 g||65.21 g|
|Dietary fiber||9.7 g||6.7 g|
|Protein||14.95 g||15.23 g|
|Calcium||114 mg||98 mg|
|Iron||4.7 mg||2.9 mg|
|Magnessium||163 mg||158 mg|
|Phosphorus||290 mg||346 mg|
|Potassium||680 mg||441 mg|
|Zink||2.45 mg||3.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.643 mg||0.341 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.113 mg||0.15 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.8 mg||1.125 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.918 mg||0.57 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.563 mg||0.537 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||113 mg||98 mg|
|Vitaminium C||6.3 mg||1.3 mg|
|Vitaminium E||15 mg||20.83 mg|
|Vitaminium K||14.2 mg||2.7 mg|
|Beta karoten||11 mg||12 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in hazelnuts is less protein than in walnuts.
There is 15.23g per 100g of walnuts and 14.95g per 100g of hazelnuts so using simple math we can see that difference is about 2 %.
In hazelnuts is more carbohydrates than in walnuts.
There is 13.71g/100g of carbohydrates in walnuts and 16.7g/100g in hazelnuts so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 22 %.
In hazelnuts is less fats than in walnuts.
The tables above show us that there is 65.21g/100g of fats in walnuts and 60.75g/100g in hazelnuts. In this case difference is about 7 %.
See tables below to compare hazelnuts with walnuts in details.
- Carbohydrates16.7 g
- Fat60.75 g
- Dietary fiber9.7 g
- Protein14.95 g
100g | ounce | single piece | handfull | cup | half cup
- 10% CARBS.
- 9% PROTEIN
- 81% FAT
Vitamins: walnuts vs hazelnuts
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): hazelnuts 89% more than walnuts
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): walnuts 33% more than hazelnuts
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): hazelnuts 60% more than walnuts
- Vitaminium B5: hazelnuts 61% more than walnuts
- Vitaminium B6: hazelnuts 5% more than walnuts
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): hazelnuts 15% more than walnuts
- Vitaminium C: hazelnuts 385% more than walnuts
- Vitaminium E: walnuts 39% more than hazelnuts
- Vitaminium K: hazelnuts 426% more than walnuts
- Beta karoten: walnuts 9% more than hazelnuts
Minerals: hazelnuts vs walnuts
Compares of hazelnuts
- Hazelnuts vs Almonds
- Hazelnuts vs Brazil Nuts
- Hazelnuts vs Cashew Nuts
- Hazelnuts vs Chestnuts
- Hazelnuts vs Macadamia Nuts
- Hazelnuts vs Peanuts
- see all compares of hazelnuts
Compares of walnuts
- Calories from Hazelnuts
- Calories of Macadamia nuts
- Calories in Peanuts
- Pecan calories per 100g
- Pine nuts carbs per 100g
- Pistachios protein per 100g
- Poppy seed fat per 100g
- How many calories do pumpkin seeds have?
- Calories in handful of sesame seeds
- Calories in tablespoon of sesame seeds
- How much protein in sunflower?