Hazelnuts vs Pecan: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Hazelnuts
At first glance, you can see that in hazelnuts is more calories than in pecan.
Hazelnuts has 628 kcal per 100g and pecan 691 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 10 %.
In hazelnuts and in pecan most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare hazelnuts with pecan in details.
Fact 2: Hazelnuts And Pecan Nutrition Difference
Pecan vs Hazelnuts: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||16.7 g||13.86 g|
|Fat||60.75 g||71.9 g|
|Dietary fiber||9.7 g||9.6 g|
|Protein||14.95 g||9.17 g|
|Calcium||114 mg||70 mg|
|Iron||4.7 mg||2.53 mg|
|Magnessium||163 mg||121 mg|
|Phosphorus||290 mg||277 mg|
|Potassium||680 mg||410 mg|
|Zink||2.45 mg||4.53 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.643 mg||0.66 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.113 mg||0.13 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.8 mg||1.167 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.918 mg||0.863 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.563 mg||0.21 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||113 mg||22 mg|
|Vitaminium C||6.3 mg||1.1 mg|
|Vitaminium E||15 mg||24.44 mg|
|Beta karoten||11 mg||29 mg|
More protein in hazelnuts
It is aslo easy to see see that in hazelnuts is more protein than in pecan.
There is 9.17g per 100g of pecan and 14.95g per 100g of hazelnuts so using simple math we can see that difference is about 63 %.
More carbohydrates in hazelnuts
In hazelnuts is more carbohydrates than in pecan.
There is 13.86g/100g of carbohydrates in pecan and 16.7g/100g in hazelnuts so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 20 %.
Less fat in hazelnuts
In hazelnuts is less fats than in pecan.
The tables above show us that there is 71.9g/100g of fats in pecan and 60.75g/100g in hazelnuts. In this case difference is about 18 %.
- Carbohydrates16.7 g
- Fat60.75 g
- Dietary fiber9.7 g
- Protein14.95 g
100g | ounce | single piece | handfull | cup | half cup
- 10% CARBS.
- 9% PROTEIN
- 81% FAT
Vitamins: pecan vs hazelnuts
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): pecan 3% more than hazelnuts
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): pecan 15% more than hazelnuts
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): hazelnuts 54% more than pecan
- Vitaminium B5: hazelnuts 6% more than pecan
- Vitaminium B6: hazelnuts 168% more than pecan
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): hazelnuts 414% more than pecan
- Vitaminium C: hazelnuts 473% more than pecan
- Vitaminium E: pecan 63% more than hazelnuts
- Beta karoten: pecan 164% more than hazelnuts
Minerals: hazelnuts vs pecan
Compares of hazelnuts
- Hazelnuts vs Almonds
- Hazelnuts vs Brazil Nuts
- Hazelnuts vs Cashew Nuts
- Hazelnuts vs Chestnuts
- Hazelnuts vs Macadamia Nuts
- Hazelnuts vs Peanuts
- see all compares of hazelnuts
Compares of pecan
- Calories from Hazelnuts
- Calories of Macadamia nuts
- Calories in Peanuts
- Pecan calories per 100g
- Pine nuts carbs per 100g
- Pistachios protein per 100g
- Poppy seed fat per 100g
- How many calories do pumpkin seeds have?
- Calories in handful of sesame seeds
- Calories in tablespoon of sesame seeds
- How much protein in sunflower?