Halibut (Fillet, Meat) vs Trout: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Halibut vs trout - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in halibut is more calories than in trout.
Halibut has 186 kcal per 100g and trout 141 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 32 %.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in halibut cames from fat and in trout from protein.
halibut or trout - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: halibut - 32% more than trout
- Fat: halibut - 124% more than trout
- Protein: trout - 39% more than halibut
- Water: trout - 5% more than halibut
Halibut vs trout nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|per 100g||Halibut (fillet, meat)||Trout|
|Fat||13.84 g||6.18 g|
|Protein||14.37 g||19.94 g|
|Water||70.27 g||73.8 g|
|Calcium||3 mg||25 mg|
|Iron||0.66 mg||0.31 mg|
|Magnessium||26 mg||25 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Potassium||268 mg||377 mg|
|Sodium||80 mg||51 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.06 mg||0.12 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.08 mg||0.09 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.5 mg||5.567 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.42 mg||0.34 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.001 mg||0.011 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.73 mg||2.34 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in halibut is less protein than in trout.
There is 19.94g per 100g of trout and 14.37g per 100g of halibut so using simple math we can see that difference is about 39 %.
There is the same amount of carbohydrates in halibut and trout - 0g/100g.
In halibut is more fats than in trout.
The tables above show us that there is 6.18g/100g of fats in trout and 13.84g/100g in halibut. In this case difference is about 124 %.
See tables below to compare halibut with trout in details.
- Fat13.84 g
- Protein14.37 g
- Water70.27 g
100g | ounce | single piece | steak
- 0% CARBS.
- 32% PROTEIN
- 68% FAT
Vitamins: trout vs halibut
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): trout 100% more than halibut
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): trout 13% more than halibut
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): trout 271% more than halibut
- Vitaminium B6: halibut 24% more than trout
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): trout 1000% more than halibut
- Vitaminium E: trout 221% more than halibut
Minerals: halibut vs trout
Compares of halibut
- Halibut vs Carp
- Halibut vs Cod Fillet
- Halibut vs Flounder
- Halibut vs Herring
- Halibut vs Shark Meat
- Halibut vs Swordfish
- see all compares of halibut
Compares of trout
- Calories from Halibut (fillet, meat)
- Calories of Halloumi cheese
- Calories in Porterhouse steak
- Japchae calories per 100g
- Barley carbs per 100g
- Merlot protein per 100g
- Bacon cheeseburger fat per 100g
- How many calories does baked potato with butter have?
- Calories in a half of cabbage soup
- Calories in whole cabbage soup
- Calories for one, two or more cabbage soup
- How much protein in egg over easy?