Halibut (Fillet, Meat) vs Tilapia (Fillet, Meat): All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Halibut
At first glance, you can see that in halibut is much less calories than in tilapia.
Halibut has 186 kcal per 100g and tilapia 96 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 94 %.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in halibut cames from fat and in tilapia from protein.
See tables below to compare halibut with tilapia in details.
Fact 2: Halibut And Tilapia Nutrition Difference
Tilapia vs Halibut: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Halibut (fillet, meat)||Tilapia (fillet, meat)|
|Fat||13.84 g||1.7 g|
|Protein||14.37 g||20.08 g|
|Water||70.27 g||78.08 g|
|Calcium||3 mg||10 mg|
|Iron||0.66 mg||0.56 mg|
|Magnessium||26 mg||27 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||1.4 mg|
|Potassium||268 mg||302 mg|
|Sodium||80 mg||52 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||1.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.06 mg||0.041 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.08 mg||0.063 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.5 mg||3.903 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.42 mg||0.162 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.001 mg||0.024 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.73 mg||0.4 mg|
Less protein in halibut
It is aslo easy to see see that in halibut is less protein than in tilapia.
There is 20.08g per 100g of tilapia and 14.37g per 100g of halibut so using simple math we can see that difference is about 40 %.
More fat in halibut
In halibut is more fats than in tilapia.
The tables above show us that there is 1.7g/100g of fats in tilapia and 13.84g/100g in halibut. In this case difference is about 714 %.
- Fat13.84 g
- Protein14.37 g
- Water70.27 g
100g | ounce | single piece | steak
- 0% CARBS.
- 32% PROTEIN
- 68% FAT
Vitamins: tilapia vs halibut
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): halibut 46% more than tilapia
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): halibut 27% more than tilapia
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): tilapia 160% more than halibut
- Vitaminium B6: halibut 159% more than tilapia
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): tilapia 2300% more than halibut
- Vitaminium E: halibut 83% more than tilapia
Minerals: halibut vs tilapia
Compares of halibut
- Halibut vs Carp
- Halibut vs Cod Fillet
- Halibut vs Flounder
- Halibut vs Herring
- Halibut vs Shark Meat
- Halibut vs Swordfish
- see all compares of halibut
Compares of tilapia
- Calories from Halibut (fillet, meat)
- Calories of Halloumi cheese
- Calories in Porterhouse steak
- Japchae calories per 100g
- Barley carbs per 100g
- Merlot protein per 100g
- Bacon cheeseburger fat per 100g
- How many calories does baked potato with butter have?
- Calories in a half of cabbage soup
- Calories in whole cabbage soup
- Calories for one, two or more cabbage soup
- How much protein in egg over easy?