Halibut (Fillet, Meat) vs Swordfish (Fillet, Meat): All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Halibut
At first glance, you can see that in halibut is less calories than in swordfish.
Halibut has 186 kcal per 100g and swordfish 144 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 29 %.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in halibut cames from fat and in swordfish from protein.
See tables below to compare halibut with swordfish in details.
Fact 2: Halibut And Swordfish Nutrition Difference
Swordfish vs Halibut: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Halibut (fillet, meat)||Swordfish (fillet, meat)|
|Fat||13.84 g||6.65 g|
|Protein||14.37 g||19.66 g|
|Water||70.27 g||73.38 g|
|Calcium||3 mg||5 mg|
|Iron||0.66 mg||0.38 mg|
|Magnessium||26 mg||29 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Potassium||268 mg||418 mg|
|Sodium||80 mg||81 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.06 mg||0.075 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.08 mg||0.053 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.5 mg||7.76 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.42 mg||0.543 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.001 mg||0.002 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.73 mg||2.02 mg|
Less protein in halibut
It is aslo easy to see see that in halibut is less protein than in swordfish.
There is 19.66g per 100g of swordfish and 14.37g per 100g of halibut so using simple math we can see that difference is about 37 %.
More fat in halibut
In halibut is more fats than in swordfish.
The tables above show us that there is 6.65g/100g of fats in swordfish and 13.84g/100g in halibut. In this case difference is about 108 %.
- Fat13.84 g
- Protein14.37 g
- Water70.27 g
100g | ounce | single piece | steak
- 0% CARBS.
- 32% PROTEIN
- 68% FAT
Vitamins: swordfish vs halibut
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): swordfish 25% more than halibut
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): halibut 51% more than swordfish
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): swordfish 417% more than halibut
- Vitaminium B6: swordfish 29% more than halibut
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): swordfish 100% more than halibut
- Vitaminium E: swordfish 177% more than halibut
Minerals: halibut vs swordfish
Compares of halibut
- Halibut vs Carp
- Halibut vs Cod Fillet
- Halibut vs Flounder
- Halibut vs Herring
- Halibut vs Shark Meat
- Halibut vs Swordfish
- see all compares of halibut
Compares of swordfish
- Calories from Halibut (fillet, meat)
- Calories of Halloumi cheese
- Calories in Porterhouse steak
- Japchae calories per 100g
- Barley carbs per 100g
- Merlot protein per 100g
- Bacon cheeseburger fat per 100g
- How many calories does baked potato with butter have?
- Calories in a half of cabbage soup
- Calories in whole cabbage soup
- Calories for one, two or more cabbage soup
- How much protein in egg over easy?