Halibut (Fillet, Meat) vs Swordfish (Fillet, Meat): All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Halibut vs swordfish - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in halibut is more calories than in swordfish.
Halibut has 186 kcal per 100g and swordfish 144 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 23 %.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in halibut cames from fat and in swordfish from protein.
halibut or swordfish - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: halibut - 23% more than swordfish.
- Fat: halibut - 52% more than swordfish.
- Protein: swordfish - 37% more than halibut.
- Water: swordfish - 4% more than halibut.
Halibut vs swordfish: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|per 100g||Halibut (fillet, meat)||Swordfish (fillet, meat)|
|Fat||13.84 g||6.65 g|
|Protein||14.37 g||19.66 g|
|Water||70.27 g||73.38 g|
|Calcium||3 mg||5 mg|
|Iron||0.66 mg||0.38 mg|
|Magnessium||26 mg||29 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Potassium||268 mg||418 mg|
|Sodium||80 mg||81 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.06 mg||0.075 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.08 mg||0.053 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.5 mg||7.76 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.42 mg||0.543 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.001 mg||0.002 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.73 mg||2.02 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in halibut is less protein than in swordfish.
There is 19.66g per 100g of swordfish and 14.37g per 100g of halibut so using simple math we can see that difference is about 37 %.
Where is more carbs?
There is the same amount of carbohydrates in halibut and swordfish - 0g/100g.
Where is more fats?
In halibut is more fats than in swordfish.
Tables below show us that there is 6.65g/100g of fats in swordfish and 13.84g/100g in halibut. In this case difference is about 52 %.
See tables below to compare halibut with swordfish in details.
- Fat13.84 g
- Protein14.37 g
- Water70.27 g
100g | ounce | single piece | steak
- 0% CARBS.
- 32% PROTEIN
- 68% FAT
halibut or swordfish - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): swordfish - 25% more than halibut.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): halibut - 34% more than swordfish.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): swordfish - 417% more than halibut.
- Vitaminium B6: swordfish - 29% more than halibut.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): swordfish - 100% more than halibut.
- Vitaminium E: swordfish - 177% more than halibut.
halibut or swordfish - where is more minerals?
Compares of halibut
- Anchovy vs Halibut
- Carp vs Halibut
- Cod Fillet vs Halibut
- Eel vs Halibut
- Flounder vs Halibut
- Halibut vs Herring
Compares of swordfish
- Calories from Halibut (fillet, meat)
- Calories of Halloumi cheese
- Calories in Porterhouse steak
- Japchae calories per 100g
- Barley carbs per 100g
- Merlot protein per 100g
- Bacon cheeseburger fat per 100g
- How many calories does baked potato with butter have?
- Calories in a half of cabbage soup
- Calories in whole cabbage soup
- Calories for one, two or more cabbage soup
- How much protein in egg over easy?