Halibut (Fillet, Meat) vs Shark Meat: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Halibut vs shark meat - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in halibut is more calories than in shark meat.
Halibut has 186 kcal per 100g and shark meat 130 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 43 %.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in halibut cames from fat and in shark from protein.
halibut or shark meat - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: halibut - 43% more than shark meat
- Fat: halibut - 207% more than shark meat
- Protein: shark meat - 46% more than halibut
- Water: shark meat - 5% more than halibut
Halibut vs shark meat nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|per 100g||Halibut (fillet, meat)||Shark meat|
|Fat||13.84 g||4.51 g|
|Protein||14.37 g||20.98 g|
|Water||70.27 g||73.58 g|
|Calcium||3 mg||34 mg|
|Iron||0.66 mg||0.84 mg|
|Magnessium||26 mg||49 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Potassium||268 mg||160 mg|
|Sodium||80 mg||79 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.06 mg||0.042 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.08 mg||0.062 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.5 mg||2.938 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.42 mg||0.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.001 mg||0.003 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.73 mg||1 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in halibut is less protein than in shark meat.
There is 20.98g per 100g of shark meat and 14.37g per 100g of halibut so using simple math we can see that difference is about 46 %.
There is the same amount of carbohydrates in halibut and shark meat - 0g/100g.
In halibut is more fats than in shark meat.
The tables above show us that there is 4.51g/100g of fats in shark meat and 13.84g/100g in halibut. In this case difference is about 207 %.
See tables below to compare halibut with shark meat in details.
- Fat13.84 g
- Protein14.37 g
- Water70.27 g
100g | ounce | single piece | steak
- 0% CARBS.
- 32% PROTEIN
- 68% FAT
Vitamins: shark meat vs halibut
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): halibut 43% more than shark meat
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): halibut 29% more than shark meat
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): shark meat 96% more than halibut
- Vitaminium B6: halibut 5% more than shark meat
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): shark meat 200% more than halibut
- Vitaminium E: shark meat 37% more than halibut
Minerals: halibut vs shark meat
Compares of halibut
- Halibut vs Carp
- Halibut vs Cod Fillet
- Halibut vs Flounder
- Halibut vs Herring
- Halibut vs Shark Meat
- Halibut vs Swordfish
- see all compares of halibut
Compares of shark
- Calories from Halibut (fillet, meat)
- Calories of Halloumi cheese
- Calories in Porterhouse steak
- Japchae calories per 100g
- Barley carbs per 100g
- Merlot protein per 100g
- Bacon cheeseburger fat per 100g
- How many calories does baked potato with butter have?
- Calories in a half of cabbage soup
- Calories in whole cabbage soup
- Calories for one, two or more cabbage soup
- How much protein in egg over easy?