Gouda Cheese vs Parmesan: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Gouda cheese
At first glance, you can see that in gouda cheese is less calories than in Parmesan.
Gouda cheese has 356 kcal per 100g and Parmesan 392 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 10%.
In gouda cheese and in Parmesan most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare gouda cheese with Parmesan in details.
Fact 2: Gouda cheese And Parmesan Nutrition Difference
Parmesan vs Gouda cheese: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Gouda cheese||Parmesan|
|Carbohydrates||2.22 g||3.22 g|
|Fat||27.44 g||25 g|
|Protein||24.94 g||35.75 g|
|Water||41.46 g||30 g|
|Calcium||700 mg||1184 mg|
|Iron||0.24 mg||0.82 mg|
|Magnessium||29 mg||44 mg|
|Phosphorus||2.3 mg||1.7 mg|
|Potassium||121 mg||92 mg|
|Sodium||819 mg||1175 mg|
|Zink||2.3 mg||1.7 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.03 mg||0.039 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.334 mg||0.332 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.063 mg||0.271 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.08 mg||0.091 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.021 mg||0.007 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.24 mg||0.22 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.002 mg|
Less protein in gouda cheese
It is aslo easy to see see that in gouda cheese is less protein than in Parmesan.
There is 35.75g per 100g of Parmesan and 24.94g per 100g of gouda cheese so using simple math we can see that difference is about 43%.
Less carbohydrates in gouda cheese
In gouda cheese is less carbohydrates than in Parmesan.
There is 3.22g/100g of carbohydrates in Parmesan and 2.22g/100g in gouda cheese so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 45%.
More fat in gouda cheese
In gouda cheese is more fats than in Parmesan.
The tables above show us that there is 25g/100g of fats in Parmesan and 27.44g/100g in gouda cheese. In this case difference is about 10%.
- Carbohydrates2.22 g
- Fat27.44 g
- Protein24.94 g
- Water41.46 g
100g | ounce | slice | cup | shredded
- 2% CARBS.
- 28% PROTEIN
- 69% FAT
Vitamins: Parmesan vs gouda cheese
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): Parmesan 30% more than gouda cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): gouda cheese 1% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): Parmesan 330% more than gouda cheese
- Vitaminium B6: Parmesan 14% more than gouda cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): gouda cheese 200% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium E: gouda cheese 9% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium K: Parmesan 0% more than gouda cheese
Minerals: gouda cheese vs Parmesan
- Calcium: Parmesan 69% more than gouda cheese
- Iron: Parmesan 242% more than gouda cheese
- Magnessium: Parmesan 52% more than gouda cheese
- Phosphorus: gouda cheese 35% more than Parmesan
- Potassium: gouda cheese 32% more than Parmesan
- Sodium: Parmesan 43% more than gouda cheese
- Zink: gouda cheese 35% more than Parmesan
Compares of gouda cheese
- Gouda Cheese vs Blue Cheese
- Gouda Cheese vs Brie
- Gouda Cheese vs Camembert
- Gouda Cheese vs White Cheese
- Gouda Cheese vs Cottage Cheese
- Gouda Cheese vs Edam Cheese
- see all compares of gouda cheese
Compares of Parmesan
- Calories from Gouda cheese
- Calories of Avocado oil
- Calories in Dried cranberries
- Whisky (whiskey) calories per 100g
- Horseflesh carbs per 100g
- Sierra Mist protein per 100g
- Pumpkin bread fat per 100g
- How many calories does coconut flour have?
- Calories in a half of cooked wild rice
- Calories in whole cooked wild rice
- Calories for one, two or more cooked wild rice
- How much protein in cooked soba noodles?
- Gouda Cheese vs Swiss Cheese nutrition
- Gouda Cheese vs Milk calories
- Gouda Cheese vs Butter protein
- Gouda Cheese vs Goat Cheese sugar
- Gouda Cheese vs Cheddar vitamins
- Gouda Cheese vs Mozzarella dietary fiber
- Gouda Cheese vs Halloumi vitaminium C
- Gouda Cheese vs Smoked Cheese magnessium
- Parmesan vs Swiss Cheese potassium