Flounder (Fillet, Meat) vs Salmon: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Flounder
At first glance, you can see that in flounder is much more calories than in salmon.
Flounder has 70 kcal per 100g and salmon 208 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 197 %.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in flounder cames from protein and in salmon from fat.
See tables below to compare flounder with salmon in details.
Fact 2: Flounder And Salmon Nutrition Difference
Salmon vs Flounder: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Flounder (fillet, meat)||Salmon|
|Fat||1.93 g||13.42 g|
|Protein||12.41 g||20.42 g|
|Water||84.63 g||64.89 g|
|Calcium||21 mg||9 mg|
|Iron||0.18 mg||0.34 mg|
|Magnessium||18 mg||27 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||0.5 mg|
|Potassium||160 mg||363 mg|
|Sodium||296 mg||59 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||0.5 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.022 mg||0.207 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.02 mg||0.155 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.04 mg||8.672 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.098 mg||0.636 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.005 mg||0.026 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.63 mg||3.55 mg|
Less protein in flounder
It is aslo easy to see see that in flounder is less protein than in salmon.
There is 20.42g per 100g of salmon and 12.41g per 100g of flounder so using simple math we can see that difference is about 65 %.
Less fat in flounder
In flounder is less fats than in salmon.
The tables above show us that there is 13.42g/100g of fats in salmon and 1.93g/100g in flounder. In this case difference is about 595 %.
- Fat1.93 g
- Protein12.41 g
- Water84.63 g
100g | ounce | single piece | steak
- 0% CARBS.
- 74% PROTEIN
- 26% FAT
Vitamins: salmon vs flounder
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): salmon 841% more than flounder
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): salmon 675% more than flounder
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): salmon 734% more than flounder
- Vitaminium B6: salmon 549% more than flounder
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): salmon 420% more than flounder
- Vitaminium E: salmon 463% more than flounder
Minerals: flounder vs salmon
Compares of flounder
- Flounder vs Cod Fillet
- Flounder vs Halibut
- Flounder vs Herring
- Flounder vs Mackerel
- Flounder vs Perch
- Flounder vs Swordfish
- see all compares of flounder
Compares of salmon
- Calories from Flounder (fillet, meat)
- Calories of Argan oil
- Calories in Haddock
- Protein bar calories per 100g
- Udon noodles carbs per 100g
- Salad greens protein per 100g
- Zucchini bread fat per 100g
- How many calories does caesar chicken wrap have?
- Calories in a half of Life Savers
- Calories in whole Life Savers
- Calories for one, two or more Life Savers
- How much protein in barbecue sauce?