Flounder (Fillet, Meat) vs Herring: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Flounder
At first glance, you can see that in flounder is much less calories than in herring.
Flounder has 70 kcal per 100g and herring 158 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 126%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in flounder cames from protein and in herring from fat.
See tables below to compare flounder with herring in details.
Fact 2: Flounder And Herring Nutrition Difference
Herring vs Flounder: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Flounder (fillet, meat)||Herring|
|Fat||1.93 g||9.04 g|
|Protein||12.41 g||17.96 g|
|Water||84.63 g||72.05 g|
|Calcium||21 mg||57 mg|
|Iron||0.18 mg||1.1 mg|
|Magnessium||18 mg||32 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Potassium||160 mg||327 mg|
|Sodium||296 mg||90 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.022 mg||0.092 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.02 mg||0.233 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.04 mg||3.217 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.098 mg||0.302 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.005 mg||0.01 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.63 mg||1.07 mg|
Less protein in flounder
It is aslo easy to see see that in flounder is less protein than in herring.
There is 17.96g per 100g of herring and 12.41g per 100g of flounder so using simple math we can see that difference is about 45%.
Less fat in flounder
In flounder is less fats than in herring.
The tables above show us that there is 9.04g/100g of fats in herring and 1.93g/100g in flounder. In this case difference is about 368%.
- Fat1.93 g
- Protein12.41 g
- Water84.63 g
100g | ounce | single piece | steak
- 0% CARBS.
- 74% PROTEIN
- 26% FAT
Vitamins: herring vs flounder
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): herring 318% more than flounder
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): herring 1065% more than flounder
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): herring 209% more than flounder
- Vitaminium B6: herring 208% more than flounder
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): herring 100% more than flounder
- Vitaminium E: herring 70% more than flounder
Minerals: flounder vs herring
Compares of flounder
- Flounder vs Cod Fillet
- Flounder vs Halibut
- Flounder vs Herring
- Flounder vs Mackerel
- Flounder vs Perch
- Flounder vs Swordfish
- see all compares of flounder
Compares of herring
- Calories from Flounder (fillet, meat)
- Calories of Argan oil
- Calories in Haddock
- Protein bar calories per 100g
- Udon noodles carbs per 100g
- Salad greens protein per 100g
- Zucchini bread fat per 100g
- How many calories does caesar chicken wrap have?
- Calories in a half of Life Savers
- Calories in whole Life Savers
- Calories for one, two or more Life Savers
- How much protein in barbecue sauce?