Feta Cheese vs Cheddar: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Feta cheese
At first glance, you can see that in feta cheese is much less calories than in cheddar.
Feta cheese has 265 kcal per 100g and cheddar 410 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 55%.
In feta cheese and in cheddar most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare feta cheese with cheddar in details.
Fact 2: Feta cheese And Cheddar Nutrition Difference
Cheddar vs Feta cheese: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Feta cheese||Cheddar|
|Carbohydrates||3.88 g||2.13 g|
|Fat||21.49 g||33.82 g|
|Protein||14.21 g||24.25 g|
|Water||55.22 g||36.15 g|
|Calcium||493 mg||711 mg|
|Iron||0.65 mg||0.16 mg|
|Magnessium||19 mg||27 mg|
|Phosphorus||1.8 mg||2.4 mg|
|Potassium||62 mg||76 mg|
|Sodium||1139 mg||644 mg|
|Zink||1.8 mg||2.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.154 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.844 mg||0.434 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.991 mg||0.039 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.424 mg||0.075 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.032 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.18 mg||0.78 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.002 mg|
Less protein in feta cheese
It is aslo easy to see see that in feta cheese is less protein than in cheddar.
There is 24.25g per 100g of cheddar and 14.21g per 100g of feta cheese so using simple math we can see that difference is about 71%.
More carbohydrates in feta cheese
In feta cheese is more carbohydrates than in cheddar.
There is 2.13g/100g of carbohydrates in cheddar and 3.88g/100g in feta cheese so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 82%.
Less fat in feta cheese
In feta cheese is less fats than in cheddar.
The tables above show us that there is 33.82g/100g of fats in cheddar and 21.49g/100g in feta cheese. In this case difference is about 57%.
- Carbohydrates3.88 g
- Fat21.49 g
- Protein14.21 g
- Water55.22 g
100g | ounce | cup | half cup | cube
- 6% CARBS.
- 21% PROTEIN
- 73% FAT
Vitamins: cheddar vs feta cheese
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): feta cheese 470% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): feta cheese 94% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): feta cheese 2441% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium B6: feta cheese 465% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): feta cheese 19% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium E: cheddar 333% more than feta cheese
- Vitaminium K: cheddar 0% more than feta cheese
Minerals: feta cheese vs cheddar
Compares of feta cheese
- Feta Cheese vs Blue Cheese
- Feta Cheese vs Brie
- Feta Cheese vs Camembert
- Feta Cheese vs White Cheese
- Feta Cheese vs Cottage Cheese
- Feta Cheese vs Edam Cheese
- see all compares of feta cheese
Compares of cheddar
- Calories from Feta cheese
- Calories of Oil (sunflower)
- Calories in Dried cherries
- Vodka calories per 100g
- Veal carbs per 100g
- Persian cucumber protein per 100g
- Tortellini fat per 100g
- How many calories does celery stalk have?
- Calories in a half of flan
- Calories in whole flan
- Calories for one, two or more flan
- Calories in tablespoon of flan
- Calories in slice of flan
- How much protein in rice and chicken?
- Feta Cheese vs Mozzarella nutrition
- Feta Cheese vs Halloumi calories
- Feta Cheese vs Mascarpone protein
- Gouda Cheese vs Parmesan sugar
- Gouda Cheese vs Swiss Cheese vitamins
- Gouda Cheese vs Milk dietary fiber
- Gouda Cheese vs Butter vitaminium C
- Gouda Cheese vs Goat Cheese magnessium
- Gouda Cheese vs Cheddar potassium