Egg Yolk vs Cheddar: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Egg yolk
At first glance, you can see that in egg yolk is more calories than in cheddar.
Egg yolk has 322 kcal per 100g and cheddar 410 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 27 %.
In egg yolk and in cheddar most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare egg yolk with cheddar in details.
Fact 2: Egg yolk And Cheddar Nutrition Difference
Cheddar vs Egg yolk: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Egg yolk||Cheddar|
|Carbohydrates||3.59 g||2.13 g|
|Fat||26.54 g||33.82 g|
|Protein||15.86 g||24.25 g|
|Water||52.31 g||36.15 g|
|Calcium||129 mg||711 mg|
|Iron||2.73 mg||0.16 mg|
|Magnessium||5 mg||27 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.7 mg||2.4 mg|
|Potassium||109 mg||76 mg|
|Sodium||48 mg||644 mg|
|Zink||0.7 mg||2.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.176 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.528 mg||0.434 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.024 mg||0.039 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.35 mg||0.075 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.146 mg||0.027 mg|
|Vitaminium E||2.58 mg||0.78 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.001 mg||0.002 mg|
Less protein in egg yolk
It is aslo easy to see see that in egg yolk is less protein than in cheddar.
There is 24.25g per 100g of cheddar and 15.86g per 100g of egg yolk so using simple math we can see that difference is about 53 %.
More carbohydrates in egg yolk
In egg yolk is more carbohydrates than in cheddar.
There is 2.13g/100g of carbohydrates in cheddar and 3.59g/100g in egg yolk so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 69 %.
Less fat in egg yolk
In egg yolk is less fats than in cheddar.
The tables above show us that there is 33.82g/100g of fats in cheddar and 26.54g/100g in egg yolk. In this case difference is about 27 %.
- Carbohydrates3.59 g
- Fat26.54 g
- Protein15.86 g
- Water52.31 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 5% CARBS.
- 20% PROTEIN
- 75% FAT
Vitamins: cheddar vs egg yolk
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): egg yolk 552% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): egg yolk 22% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): cheddar 63% more than egg yolk
- Vitaminium B6: egg yolk 367% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): egg yolk 441% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium E: egg yolk 231% more than cheddar
- Vitaminium K: cheddar 100% more than egg yolk
Minerals: egg yolk vs cheddar
Compares of egg yolk
- Egg Yolk vs Cottage Cheese
- Egg Yolk vs Whole Milk
- Egg Yolk vs Breast Milk
- Egg Yolk vs Boiled Egg
- Egg Yolk vs Butter
- Egg Yolk vs Sour Cream 18%
- see all compares of egg yolk
Compares of cheddar
- Calories from Egg yolk
- Calories of Goose liver
- Calories in Grapefruit juice
- Eel (fillet, meat) calories per 100g
- Mozzarella cheese carbs per 100g
- Vermouth protein per 100g
- French baguette fat per 100g
- How many calories does calamari ring have?
- Calories in a half of prosciutto
- Calories in whole prosciutto
- Calories for one, two or more prosciutto
- How much protein in vanilla latte?
- Egg Yolk vs Margarine nutrition
- Egg Yolk vs Scrambled Egg calories
- Fried Egg vs Boiled Egg protein
- Fried Egg vs Butter sugar
- Fried Egg vs Margarine vitamins
- Fried Egg vs Scrambled Egg dietary fiber
- Fried Egg vs Omelette vitaminium C
- Boiled Egg vs Goat Cheese magnessium
- Boiled Egg vs Natural Yogurt potassium