Egg Yolk vs Butter: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Egg yolk
At first glance, you can see that in egg yolk is much less calories than in butter.
Egg yolk has 322 kcal per 100g and butter 717 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 123%.
In egg yolk and in butter most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare egg yolk with butter in details.
Fact 2: Egg yolk And Butter Nutrition Difference
Butter vs Egg yolk: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Egg yolk||Butter|
|Carbohydrates||3.59 g||0.06 g|
|Fat||26.54 g||81.11 g|
|Protein||15.86 g||0.85 g|
|Water||52.31 g||16.17 g|
|Calcium||129 mg||24 mg|
|Iron||2.73 mg||0.02 mg|
|Magnessium||5 mg||2 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.7 mg||7 mg|
|Potassium||109 mg||24 mg|
|Sodium||48 mg||11 mg|
|Zink||0.7 mg||7 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.176 mg||0.005 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.528 mg||0.034 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.024 mg||0.042 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.35 mg||0.003 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.146 mg||0.003 mg|
|Vitaminium E||2.58 mg||2.32 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.001 mg||0.007 mg|
More protein in egg yolk
It is aslo easy to see see that in egg yolk is more protein than in butter.
There is 0.85g per 100g of butter and 15.86g per 100g of egg yolk so using simple math we can see that difference is about 1766%.
More carbohydrates in egg yolk
In egg yolk is more carbohydrates than in butter.
There is 0.06g/100g of carbohydrates in butter and 3.59g/100g in egg yolk so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 5883%.
Less fat in egg yolk
In egg yolk is less fats than in butter.
The tables above show us that there is 81.11g/100g of fats in butter and 26.54g/100g in egg yolk. In this case difference is about 206%.
- Carbohydrates3.59 g
- Fat26.54 g
- Protein15.86 g
- Water52.31 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 5% CARBS.
- 20% PROTEIN
- 75% FAT
Vitamins: butter vs egg yolk
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): egg yolk 3420% more than butter
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): egg yolk 1453% more than butter
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): butter 75% more than egg yolk
- Vitaminium B6: egg yolk 11567% more than butter
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): egg yolk 4767% more than butter
- Vitaminium E: egg yolk 11% more than butter
- Vitaminium K: butter 600% more than egg yolk
Minerals: egg yolk vs butter
Compares of egg yolk
- Egg Yolk vs Cottage Cheese
- Egg Yolk vs Whole Milk
- Egg Yolk vs Breast Milk
- Egg Yolk vs Boiled Egg
- Egg Yolk vs Butter
- Egg Yolk vs Sour Cream 18%
- see all compares of egg yolk
Compares of butter
- Calories from Egg yolk
- Calories of Plain yogurt
- Calories in Pepperoni
- Ketchup calories per 100g
- Lobster carbs per 100g
- Algae protein per 100g
- Sausage gravy fat per 100g
- How many calories does turkey patty have?
- Calories in a half of Tic Tac
- Calories in whole Tic Tac
- Calories for one, two or more Tic Tac
- How much protein in ravioli with cheese and spinach?