Egg vs Butter: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Egg
At first glance, you can see that in egg is much less calories than in butter.
Egg has 143 kcal per 100g and butter 717 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 401%.
In egg and in butter most calories came from fat.
See tables below to compare egg with butter in details.
Fact 2: Egg And Butter Nutrition Difference
Butter vs Egg: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||0.72 g||0.06 g|
|Fat||9.51 g||81.11 g|
|Protein||12.56 g||0.85 g|
|Water||76.15 g||16.17 g|
|Calcium||56 mg||24 mg|
|Iron||1.75 mg||0.02 mg|
|Magnessium||12 mg||2 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.3 mg||7 mg|
|Potassium||138 mg||24 mg|
|Sodium||142 mg||11 mg|
|Zink||0.3 mg||7 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.04 mg||0.005 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.457 mg||0.034 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.075 mg||0.042 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.17 mg||0.003 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.047 mg||0.003 mg|
|Vitaminium E||1.05 mg||2.32 mg|
More protein in egg
It is aslo easy to see see that in egg is more protein than in butter.
There is 0.85g per 100g of butter and 12.56g per 100g of egg so using simple math we can see that difference is about 1378%.
More carbohydrates in egg
In egg is more carbohydrates than in butter.
There is 0.06g/100g of carbohydrates in butter and 0.72g/100g in egg so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 1100%.
Less fat in egg
In egg is less fats than in butter.
The tables above show us that there is 81.11g/100g of fats in butter and 9.51g/100g in egg. In this case difference is about 753%.
- Carbohydrates0.72 g
- Fat9.51 g
- Protein12.56 g
- Water76.15 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 2% CARBS.
- 36% PROTEIN
- 62% FAT
Vitamins: butter vs egg
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): egg 700% more than butter
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): egg 1244% more than butter
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): egg 79% more than butter
- Vitaminium B6: egg 5567% more than butter
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): egg 1467% more than butter
- Vitaminium E: butter 121% more than egg
Minerals: egg vs butter
Compares of egg
- Egg vs White Cheese
- Egg vs Edam Cheese
- Egg vs Feta Cheese
- Egg vs Parmesan
- Egg vs Swiss Cheese
- Egg vs Whole Milk
- see all compares of egg
Compares of butter
- Calories from Egg
- Calories of Duck breast
- Calories in Raisins
- Caviar calories per 100g
- Tomato sauce carbs per 100g
- Instant coffee (not reconstituted) protein per 100g
- Upma fat per 100g
- How many calories does cooked shrimp have?
- Calories in a half of taco shell
- Calories in whole taco shell
- Calories for one, two or more taco shells
- How much protein in fried tofu?