Edam Cheese vs Parmesan: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Edam cheese vs Parmesan - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in Edam cheese is less calories than in Parmesan.
Edam cheese has 357 kcal per 100g and Parmesan 392 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 10 %.
In Edam cheese and in Parmesan most calories came from fat.
Edam cheese or Parmesan - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: Parmesan - 10% more than Edam cheese.
- Carbohydrates: Parmesan - 125% more than Edam cheese.
- Fat: Edam cheese - 12% more than Parmesan.
- Protein: Parmesan - 43% more than Edam cheese.
- Water: Edam cheese - 27% more than Parmesan.
Edam cheese vs Parmesan: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|per 100g||Edam cheese||Parmesan|
|Carbohydrates||1.43 g||3.22 g|
|Fat||28.57 g||25 g|
|Protein||24.99 g||35.75 g|
|Water||41 g||30 g|
|Calcium||731 mg||1184 mg|
|Iron||0.44 mg||0.82 mg|
|Magnessium||30 mg||44 mg|
|Phosphorus||2.3 mg||1.7 mg|
|Potassium||188 mg||92 mg|
|Sodium||973 mg||1175 mg|
|Zink||2.3 mg||1.7 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.037 mg||0.039 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.389 mg||0.332 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.082 mg||0.271 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.076 mg||0.091 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.016 mg||0.007 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.24 mg||0.22 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.002 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in Edam cheese is less protein than in Parmesan.
There is 35.75g per 100g of Parmesan and 24.99g per 100g of Edam cheese so using simple math we can see that difference is about 43 %.
Where is more carbs?
In Edam cheese is less carbohydrates than in Parmesan.
There is 3.22g/100g of carbohydrates in Parmesan and 1.43g/100g in Edam cheese so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 125 %.
Where is more fats?
In Edam cheese is more fats than in Parmesan.
Tables below show us that there is 25g/100g of fats in Parmesan and 28.57g/100g in Edam cheese. In this case difference is about 12 %.
See tables below to compare Edam cheese with Parmesan in details.
- Carbohydrates1.43 g
- Fat28.57 g
- Protein24.99 g
- Water41 g
100g | ounce | slice | cup | shredded
- 2% CARBS.
- 28% PROTEIN
- 71% FAT
Edam cheese or Parmesan - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): Parmesan - 5% more than Edam cheese.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): Edam cheese - 15% more than Parmesan.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): Parmesan - 230% more than Edam cheese.
- Vitaminium B6: Parmesan - 20% more than Edam cheese.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): Edam cheese - 56% more than Parmesan.
- Vitaminium E: Edam cheese - 8% more than Parmesan.
- Vitaminium K: Parmesan - 0% more than Edam cheese.
Edam cheese or Parmesan - where is more minerals?
- Calcium: Parmesan - 62% more than Edam cheese.
- Iron: Parmesan - 86% more than Edam cheese.
- Magnessium: Parmesan - 47% more than Edam cheese.
- Phosphorus: Edam cheese - 26% more than Parmesan.
- Potassium: Edam cheese - 51% more than Parmesan.
- Sodium: Parmesan - 21% more than Edam cheese.
- Zink: Edam cheese - 26% more than Parmesan.
Compares of Edam cheese
- Blue Cheese vs Edam Cheese
- Brie vs Edam Cheese
- Camembert vs Edam Cheese
- White Cheese vs Edam Cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Edam Cheese
- White Cheese (Lowfat) vs Edam Cheese
Compares of Parmesan
- Calories from Edam cheese
- Calories of Almond oil
- Calories in Dried apricots
- Gin calories per 100g
- Peanut butter carbs per 100g
- Peach cobbler protein per 100g
- Ranch dip fat per 100g
- How many calories does venison have?
- Calories in a half of bing cherries
- Calories in whole bing cherries
- Calories for one, two or more bing cherries
- Calories in handful of bing cherries
- How much protein in flatbread?
- Edam Cheese vs Swiss Cheese nutrition
- Edam Cheese vs Milk calories
- Edam Cheese vs Buttermilk protein
- Edam Cheese vs Goat's Milk sugar
- Edam Cheese vs Sheep's Milk vitamins
- Edam Cheese vs Egg dietary fiber
- Edam Cheese vs Egg White vitaminium C
- Edam Cheese vs Egg Yolk magnessium
- Edam Cheese vs Fried Egg potassium