Duck vs Turkey: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Duck meat
At first glance, you can see that in duck meat is much more calories than in turkey meat.
Duck meat has 404 kcal per 100g and turkey meat 161 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 151%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in duck meat cames from fat and in turkey meat from protein.
See tables below to compare duck meat with turkey meat in details.
Fact 2: Duck meat And Turkey meat Nutrition Difference
Turkey meat vs Duck meat: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Fat||39.34 g||7.43 g|
|Protein||11.49 g||21.96 g|
|Water||48.5 g||70.68 g|
|Calcium||11 mg||11 mg|
|Iron||2.4 mg||0.75 mg|
|Magnessium||15 mg||25 mg|
|Phosphorus||5.5 mg||0.3 mg|
|Potassium||209 mg||223 mg|
|Sodium||63 mg||105 mg|
|Zink||5.5 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.197 mg||0.038 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.21 mg||0.139 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||3.934 mg||8.968 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.19 mg||0.711 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.013 mg||0.007 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.7 mg||0.07 mg|
Less protein in duck meat
It is aslo easy to see see that in duck meat is less protein than in turkey meat.
There is 21.96g per 100g of turkey meat and 11.49g per 100g of duck meat so using simple math we can see that difference is about 91%.
More fat in duck meat
In duck meat is more fats than in turkey meat.
The tables above show us that there is 7.43g/100g of fats in turkey meat and 39.34g/100g in duck meat. In this case difference is about 429%.
- Fat39.34 g
- Protein11.49 g
- Water48.5 g
100g | ounce | single piece | breast | thigh | leg
- 0% CARBS.
- 11% PROTEIN
- 89% FAT
Vitamins: turkey meat vs duck meat
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): duck meat 418% more than turkey meat
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): duck meat 51% more than turkey meat
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): turkey meat 128% more than duck meat
- Vitaminium B6: turkey meat 274% more than duck meat
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): duck meat 86% more than turkey meat
- Vitaminium E: duck meat 900% more than turkey meat
Minerals: duck meat vs turkey meat
- Calcium: turkey meat 0% more than duck meat
- Iron: duck meat 220% more than turkey meat
- Magnessium: turkey meat 67% more than duck meat
- Phosphorus: duck meat 1733% more than turkey meat
- Potassium: turkey meat 7% more than duck meat
- Sodium: turkey meat 67% more than duck meat
- Zink: duck meat 1733% more than turkey meat
Compares of duck meat
- Duck Meat vs Chicken
- Duck Meat vs Duck Breast
- Duck Meat vs Goose Meat
- Duck Meat vs Turkey Meat
- Duck Meat vs Pork
- Duck Meat vs Veal
- see all compares of duck meat
Compares of turkey meat
- Calories from Duck
- Calories of Prunes
- Calories in Carp
- Linseed oil calories per 100g
- Riesling carbs per 100g
- Cooked mushrooms protein per 100g
- Biscotti fat per 100g
- How many calories does Baba Ganoush have?
- Calories in a half of cooked sardines
- Calories in whole cooked sardines
- Calories for one, two or more cooked sardines
- How much protein in gravy?