Duck vs Goose: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Duck meat
At first glance, you can see that in duck meat is much less calories than in goose meat.
Duck meat has 404 kcal per 100g and goose meat 161 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 151 %.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in duck meat cames from fat and in goose meat from protein.
See tables below to compare duck meat with goose meat in details.
Fact 2: Duck meat And Goose meat Nutrition Difference
Goose meat vs Duck meat: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Fat||39.34 g||7.13 g|
|Protein||11.49 g||22.75 g|
|Water||48.5 g||68.3 g|
|Calcium||11 mg||13 mg|
|Iron||2.4 mg||2.57 mg|
|Magnessium||15 mg||24 mg|
|Phosphorus||5.5 mg||12 mg|
|Potassium||209 mg||420 mg|
|Sodium||63 mg||87 mg|
|Zink||5.5 mg||12 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.197 mg||0.129 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.21 mg||0.377 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||3.934 mg||4.278 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.19 mg||0.64 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.013 mg||0.031 mg|
|Vitaminium C||2.8 mg||7.2 mg|
Less protein in duck meat
It is aslo easy to see see that in duck meat is less protein than in goose meat.
There is 22.75g per 100g of goose meat and 11.49g per 100g of duck meat so using simple math we can see that difference is about 98 %.
More fat in duck meat
In duck meat is more fats than in goose meat.
The tables above show us that there is 7.13g/100g of fats in goose meat and 39.34g/100g in duck meat. In this case difference is about 452 %.
- Fat39.34 g
- Protein11.49 g
- Water48.5 g
100g | ounce | single piece | breast | thigh | leg
- 0% CARBS.
- 11% PROTEIN
- 89% FAT
Vitamins: goose meat vs duck meat
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): duck meat 53% more than goose meat
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): goose meat 80% more than duck meat
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): goose meat 9% more than duck meat
- Vitaminium B6: goose meat 237% more than duck meat
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): goose meat 138% more than duck meat
- Vitaminium C: goose meat 157% more than duck meat
Minerals: duck meat vs goose meat
- Calcium: goose meat 18% more than duck meat
- Iron: goose meat 7% more than duck meat
- Magnessium: goose meat 60% more than duck meat
- Phosphorus: goose meat 118% more than duck meat
- Potassium: goose meat 101% more than duck meat
- Sodium: goose meat 38% more than duck meat
- Zink: goose meat 118% more than duck meat
Compares of duck meat
- Duck Meat vs Chicken
- Duck Meat vs Duck Breast
- Duck Meat vs Goose Meat
- Duck Meat vs Turkey Meat
- Duck Meat vs Pork
- Duck Meat vs Veal
- see all compares of duck meat
Compares of goose meat
- Calories from Duck
- Calories of Prunes
- Calories in Carp
- Linseed oil calories per 100g
- Riesling carbs per 100g
- Cooked mushrooms protein per 100g
- Biscotti fat per 100g
- How many calories does Baba Ganoush have?
- Calories in a half of cooked sardines
- Calories in whole cooked sardines
- Calories for one, two or more cooked sardines
- How much protein in gravy?