Dates vs Dried Cherries: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Dates
At first glance, you can see that in dates is less calories than in dried cherries.
Dates has 277 kcal per 100g and dried cherries 333 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 20%.
In dates and in dried cherries most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare dates with dried cherries in details.
Fact 2: Dates And Dried cherries Nutrition Difference
Dried cherries vs Dates: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Dates||Dried cherries|
|Carbohydrates||74.97 g||80.45 g|
|Fat||0.15 g||0.73 g|
|Dietary fiber||6.7 g||2.5 g|
|Protein||1.81 g||1.25 g|
|Calcium||64 mg||38 mg|
|Iron||0.9 mg||0.68 mg|
|Magnessium||54 mg||22 mg|
|Phosphorus||62 mg||5.1 mg|
|Potassium||696 mg||376 mg|
|Sodium||1 mg||13 mg|
|Zink||0.44 mg||5.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.05 mg||0.058 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.06 mg||0.101 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.61 mg||0.867 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.249 mg||0.101 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||15 mg||0.011 mg|
|Vitaminium K||2.7 mg||0.005 mg|
More protein in dates
It is aslo easy to see see that in dates is more protein than in dried cherries.
There is 1.25g per 100g of dried cherries and 1.81g per 100g of dates so using simple math we can see that difference is about 45%.
Less carbohydrates in dates
In dates is less carbohydrates than in dried cherries.
There is 80.45g/100g of carbohydrates in dried cherries and 74.97g/100g in dates so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 7%.
Less fat in dates
In dates is less fats than in dried cherries.
The tables above show us that there is 0.73g/100g of fats in dried cherries and 0.15g/100g in dates. In this case difference is about 387%.
- Carbohydrates74.97 g
- Fat0.15 g
- Dietary fiber6.7 g
- Protein1.81 g
100g | ounce | single piece | handfull | cup | half cup
- 97% CARBS.
- 2% PROTEIN
- 0% FAT
Vitamins: dried cherries vs dates
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): dried cherries 16% more than dates
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): dried cherries 68% more than dates
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): dates 86% more than dried cherries
- Vitaminium B6: dates 147% more than dried cherries
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): dates 136264% more than dried cherries
- Vitaminium K: dates 53900% more than dried cherries
Minerals: dates vs dried cherries
- Calcium: dates 68% more than dried cherries
- Iron: dates 32% more than dried cherries
- Magnessium: dates 145% more than dried cherries
- Phosphorus: dates 1116% more than dried cherries
- Potassium: dates 85% more than dried cherries
- Sodium: dried cherries 1200% more than dates
- Zink: dried cherries 1059% more than dates
Compares of dates
- Dates vs Goji Berries
- Dates vs Dried Apricots
- Dates vs Dried Cherries
- Dates vs Dried Cranberries
- Dates vs Dried Fig
- Dates vs Dried Pear
- see all compares of dates
Compares of dried cherries
- Calories from Dates
- Calories of Durian
- Calories in Black lilac
- Fejhoa calories per 100g
- Figs carbs per 100g
- Goji berries protein per 100g
- Gooseberry fat per 100g
- How many calories does grape have?
- Calories in a half of guava
- Calories in whole guava
- Calories for one, two or more guava fruits
- How much protein in jackfruit?