Dark Bread vs Slice of Bread: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Dark bread
At first glance, you can see that in dark bread is just a little less calories than in slice of bread.
Dark bread has 252 kcal per 100g and slice of bread 266 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 6%.
In dark bread and in slice of bread most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare dark bread with slice of bread in details.
Fact 2: Dark bread And Slice of bread Nutrition Difference
- Calories: slice of bread - 6% more than dark bread
- Carbohydrates: slice of bread - 16% more than dark bread
- Fat: dark bread - 5% more than slice of bread
- Dietary fiber: dark bread - 122% more than slice of bread
- Protein: dark bread - 41% more than slice of bread
- Water: dark bread - 7% more than slice of bread
Slice of bread vs Dark bread: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Dark bread||Slice of bread|
|Carbohydrates||42.71 g||49.42 g|
|Fat||3.5 g||3.33 g|
|Dietary fiber||6 g||2.7 g|
|Protein||12.45 g||8.85 g|
|Water||39.01 g||36.42 g|
|Calcium||161 mg||144 mg|
|Iron||2.47 mg||3.61 mg|
|Magnessium||75 mg||23 mg|
|Phosphorus||7.8 mg||0.2 mg|
|Potassium||254 mg||126 mg|
|Sodium||455 mg||490 mg|
|Zink||7.8 mg||0.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.394 mg||0.533 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.167 mg||0.243 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||4.438 mg||4.78 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.215 mg||0.087 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.042 mg||0.171 mg|
|Vitaminium E||2.66 mg||0.22 mg|
More protein in dark bread
It is aslo easy to see see that in dark bread is more protein than in slice of bread.
There is 8.85g per 100g of slice of bread and 12.45g per 100g of dark bread so using simple math we can see that difference is about 41%.
Less carbohydrates in dark bread
In dark bread is less carbohydrates than in slice of bread.
There is 49.42g/100g of carbohydrates in slice of bread and 42.71g/100g in dark bread so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 16%.
More fat in dark bread
In dark bread is more fats than in slice of bread.
The tables above show us that there is 3.33g/100g of fats in slice of bread and 3.5g/100g in dark bread. In this case difference is about 5%.
- Carbohydrates42.71 g
- Fat3.5 g
- Dietary fiber6 g
- Protein12.45 g
- Water39.01 g
100g | ounce | single piece | slice
- 68% CARBS.
- 20% PROTEIN
- 12% FAT
Vitamins: slice of bread vs dark bread
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): slice of bread 35% more than dark bread
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): slice of bread 46% more than dark bread
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): slice of bread 8% more than dark bread
- Vitaminium B6: dark bread 147% more than slice of bread
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): slice of bread 307% more than dark bread
- Vitaminium E: dark bread 1109% more than slice of bread
Minerals: dark bread vs slice of bread
- Calcium: dark bread 12% more than slice of bread
- Iron: slice of bread 46% more than dark bread
- Magnessium: dark bread 226% more than slice of bread
- Phosphorus: dark bread 3800% more than slice of bread
- Potassium: dark bread 102% more than slice of bread
- Sodium: slice of bread 8% more than dark bread
- Zink: dark bread 3800% more than slice of bread
Compares of dark bread
Compares of slice of bread
- Calories from Dark bread
- Calories of Cake flour
- Calories in Feta cheese
- Oil (sunflower) calories per 100g
- Dried cherries carbs per 100g
- Vodka protein per 100g
- Veal fat per 100g
- How many calories does persian cucumber have?
- Calories in a half of celery stalk
- Calories in whole celery stalk
- Calories for one, two or more celery stalks
- Calories in tablespoon of celery stalks
- How much protein in tempeh?