Cumin vs Chili Powder: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Cumin
At first glance, you can see that in Cumin is more calories than in Chili powder.
Cumin has 375 kcal per 100g and Chili powder 282 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 33%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in Cumin cames from fat and in Chili powder from carbs.
See tables below to compare Cumin with Chili powder in details.
Fact 2: Cumin And Chili powder Nutrition Difference
Chili powder vs Cumin: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Cumin||Chili powder|
|Carbohydrates||44.24 g||49.7 g|
|Fat||22.27 g||14.28 g|
|Dietary fiber||10.5 g||34.8 g|
|Protein||17.81 g||13.46 g|
|Water||8.06 g||10.75 g|
|Calcium||931 mg||330 mg|
|Iron||66.36 mg||17.3 mg|
|Magnessium||366 mg||149 mg|
|Potassium||1788 mg||1950 mg|
|Sodium||168 mg||2867 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.628 mg||0.25 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.327 mg||0.94 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||4.579 mg||11.6 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.435 mg||2.094 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.01 mg||0.028 mg|
|Vitaminium C||7.7 mg||0.7 mg|
|Vitaminium E||3.33 mg||38.14 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.005 mg||0.106 mg|
More protein in Cumin
It is aslo easy to see see that in Cumin is more protein than in Chili powder.
There is 13.46g per 100g of Chili powder and 17.81g per 100g of Cumin so using simple math we can see that difference is about 32%.
Less carbohydrates in Cumin
In Cumin is less carbohydrates than in Chili powder.
There is 49.7g/100g of carbohydrates in Chili powder and 44.24g/100g in Cumin so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 12%.
More fat in Cumin
In Cumin is more fats than in Chili powder.
The tables above show us that there is 14.28g/100g of fats in Chili powder and 22.27g/100g in Cumin. In this case difference is about 56%.
- Carbohydrates44.24 g
- Fat22.27 g
- Dietary fiber10.5 g
- Protein17.81 g
- Water8.06 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | teaspoon
- 39% CARBS.
- 16% PROTEIN
- 45% FAT
Vitamins: Chili powder vs Cumin
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): Cumin 151% more than Chili powder
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): Chili powder 187% more than Cumin
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): Chili powder 153% more than Cumin
- Vitaminium B6: Chili powder 381% more than Cumin
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): Chili powder 180% more than Cumin
- Vitaminium C: Cumin 1000% more than Chili powder
- Vitaminium E: Chili powder 1045% more than Cumin
- Vitaminium K: Chili powder 2020% more than Cumin
Minerals: Cumin vs Chili powder
Compares of Cumin
- Cumin vs Coriander
- Cumin vs Turmeric
- Cumin vs Caraway
- Cumin vs Curry
- Cumin vs Fennel
- Cumin vs Chili Powder
- see all compares of Cumin
Compares of Chili powder
- Calories from Cumin
- Calories of Goat cheese (soft)
- Calories in Poultry frankfurters
- Smoked ham calories per 100g
- Alaska pollock (fillet, meat) carbs per 100g
- Eggnog protein per 100g
- Tilapia fried fat per 100g
- How many calories does strawberry shortcake have?
- Calories in a half of Bibimbap
- Calories in whole Bibimbap
- Calories for one, two or more Bibimbap
- How much protein in kidney beans?