Croissant vs Muffin: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Croissant vs muffin - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in croissant is just a little more calories than in muffin.
Croissant has 406 kcal per 100g and muffin 375 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 8 %.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in croissant cames from fat and in muffin from carbs.
croissant or muffin - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: croissant - 8% more than muffin.
- Carbohydrates: muffin - 16% more than croissant.
- Fat: croissant - 23% more than muffin.
- Dietary fiber: croissant - 58% more than muffin.
- Protein: croissant - 45% more than muffin.
- Water: muffin - 8% more than croissant.
Croissant vs muffin: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|Carbohydrates||45.8 g||53 g|
|Fat||21 g||16.07 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.6 g||1.1 g|
|Protein||8.2 g||4.49 g|
|Water||23.2 g||24.96 g|
|Calcium||37 mg||44 mg|
|Iron||2.03 mg||1.3 mg|
|Magnessium||16 mg||10 mg|
|Phosphorus||1.8 mg||39.2 mg|
|Potassium||118 mg||121 mg|
|Sodium||384 mg||336 mg|
|Zink||1.8 mg||39.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.388 mg||0.168 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.241 mg||0.163 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||2.188 mg||1.418 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.058 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.13 mg||0.073 mg|
|Vitaminium C||0.2 mg||0.9 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.84 mg||1.63 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.039 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in croissant is more protein than in muffin.
There is 4.49g per 100g of muffin and 8.2g per 100g of croissant so using simple math we can see that difference is about 45 %.
Where is more carbs?
In croissant is less carbohydrates than in muffin.
There is 53g/100g of carbohydrates in muffin and 45.8g/100g in croissant so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 16 %.
Where is more fats?
In croissant is more fats than in muffin.
Tables below show us that there is 16.07g/100g of fats in muffin and 21g/100g in croissant. In this case difference is about 23 %.
See tables below to compare croissant with muffin in details.
- Carbohydrates45.8 g
- Fat21 g
- Dietary fiber2.6 g
- Protein8.2 g
- Water23.2 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 45% CARBS.
- 8% PROTEIN
- 47% FAT
croissant or muffin - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): croissant - 57% more than muffin.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): croissant - 32% more than muffin.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): croissant - 35% more than muffin.
- Vitaminium B6: croissant - 31% more than muffin.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): croissant - 44% more than muffin.
- Vitaminium C: muffin - 350% more than croissant.
- Vitaminium E: muffin - 94% more than croissant.
- Vitaminium K: muffin - 1850% more than croissant.
croissant or muffin - where is more minerals?
Compares of croissant
- 3Bit vs Croissant
- Nutella vs Croissant
- Sponge Cake vs Croissant
- Carrot Cake vs Croissant
- Croissant vs Jam
- Croissant vs Jelly
Compares of muffin
- Calories from Croissant
- Calories of Goat's milk
- Calories in Chicken leg
- Orange juice calories per 100g
- Cider carbs per 100g
- Pork neck protein per 100g
- Tabbouleh fat per 100g
- How many calories does McFlurry McDonald's have?
- Calories in a half of injera
- Calories in whole injera
- Calories for one, two or more injera
- How much protein in beef and broccoli?