Croissant vs Muffin: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Croissant
At first glance, you can see that in croissant is just a little more calories than in muffin.
Croissant has 406 kcal per 100g and muffin 375 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 8%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in croissant cames from fat and in muffin from carbs.
See tables below to compare croissant with muffin in details.
Fact 2: Croissant And Muffin Nutrition Difference
Muffin vs Croissant: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||45.8 g||53 g|
|Fat||21 g||16.07 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.6 g||1.1 g|
|Protein||8.2 g||4.49 g|
|Water||23.2 g||24.96 g|
|Calcium||37 mg||44 mg|
|Iron||2.03 mg||1.3 mg|
|Magnessium||16 mg||10 mg|
|Phosphorus||1.8 mg||39.2 mg|
|Potassium||118 mg||121 mg|
|Sodium||384 mg||336 mg|
|Zink||1.8 mg||39.2 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.388 mg||0.168 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.241 mg||0.163 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||2.188 mg||1.418 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.058 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.13 mg||0.073 mg|
|Vitaminium C||0.2 mg||0.9 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.84 mg||1.63 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.002 mg||0.039 mg|
More protein in croissant
It is aslo easy to see see that in croissant is more protein than in muffin.
There is 4.49g per 100g of muffin and 8.2g per 100g of croissant so using simple math we can see that difference is about 83%.
Less carbohydrates in croissant
In croissant is less carbohydrates than in muffin.
There is 53g/100g of carbohydrates in muffin and 45.8g/100g in croissant so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 16%.
More fat in croissant
In croissant is more fats than in muffin.
The tables above show us that there is 16.07g/100g of fats in muffin and 21g/100g in croissant. In this case difference is about 31%.
- Carbohydrates45.8 g
- Fat21 g
- Dietary fiber2.6 g
- Protein8.2 g
- Water23.2 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 45% CARBS.
- 8% PROTEIN
- 47% FAT
Vitamins: muffin vs croissant
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): croissant 131% more than muffin
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): croissant 48% more than muffin
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): croissant 54% more than muffin
- Vitaminium B6: croissant 45% more than muffin
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): croissant 78% more than muffin
- Vitaminium C: muffin 350% more than croissant
- Vitaminium E: muffin 94% more than croissant
- Vitaminium K: muffin 1850% more than croissant
Minerals: croissant vs muffin
Compares of croissant
- Croissant vs Nutella
- Croissant vs Sponge Cake
- Croissant vs Carrot Cake
- Croissant vs Jam
- Croissant vs Waffle
- Croissant vs Ice Cream
- see all compares of croissant
Compares of muffin
- Calories from Croissant
- Calories of Gorgonzola
- Calories in Buttermilk
- Chicken breast calories per 100g
- Orange juice carbs per 100g
- Cider protein per 100g
- Pork neck fat per 100g
- How many calories does Tabbouleh have?
- Calories in a half of kolache
- Calories in whole kolache
- Calories for one, two or more kolache
- How much protein in injera?