Croissant vs Jam: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Croissant
At first glance, you can see that in croissant is much more calories than in jam.
Croissant has 406 kcal per 100g and jam 238 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 71%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in croissant cames from fat and in jam from carbs.
See tables below to compare croissant with jam in details.
Fact 2: Croissant And Jam Nutrition Difference
Jam vs Croissant: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||45.8 g||59.86 g|
|Fat||21 g||0.07 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.6 g||1.1 g|
|Protein||8.2 g||0.37 g|
|Water||23.2 g||30.47 g|
|Calcium||37 mg||20 mg|
|Iron||2.03 mg||0.49 mg|
|Magnessium||16 mg||4 mg|
|Phosphorus||1.8 mg||11 mg|
|Potassium||118 mg||77 mg|
|Sodium||384 mg||32 mg|
|Zink||1.8 mg||11 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.388 mg||0.016 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.241 mg||0.076 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||2.188 mg||0.036 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.058 mg||0.02 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.13 mg||0.011 mg|
|Vitaminium C||0.2 mg||8.8 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.84 mg||0.12 mg|
More protein in croissant
It is aslo easy to see see that in croissant is more protein than in jam.
There is 0.37g per 100g of jam and 8.2g per 100g of croissant so using simple math we can see that difference is about 2116%.
Less carbohydrates in croissant
In croissant is less carbohydrates than in jam.
There is 59.86g/100g of carbohydrates in jam and 45.8g/100g in croissant so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 31%.
More fat in croissant
In croissant is more fats than in jam.
The tables above show us that there is 0.07g/100g of fats in jam and 21g/100g in croissant. In this case difference is about 29900%.
- Carbohydrates45.8 g
- Fat21 g
- Dietary fiber2.6 g
- Protein8.2 g
- Water23.2 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 45% CARBS.
- 8% PROTEIN
- 47% FAT
Vitamins: jam vs croissant
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): croissant 2325% more than jam
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): croissant 217% more than jam
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): croissant 5978% more than jam
- Vitaminium B6: croissant 190% more than jam
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): croissant 1082% more than jam
- Vitaminium C: jam 4300% more than croissant
- Vitaminium E: croissant 600% more than jam
Minerals: croissant vs jam
Compares of croissant
- Croissant vs Nutella
- Croissant vs Sponge Cake
- Croissant vs Carrot Cake
- Croissant vs Jam
- Croissant vs Waffle
- Croissant vs Ice Cream
- see all compares of croissant
Compares of jam
- Calories from Croissant
- Calories of Gorgonzola
- Calories in Brie
- Mayonnaise calories per 100g
- Wiener (hot dog) carbs per 100g
- Coconut water protein per 100g
- Salmon fat per 100g
- How many calories does Nutella have?
- Calories in a half of ham steak
- Calories in whole ham steak
- Calories for one, two or more ham steak
- How much protein in spanakopita?