Croissant vs Biscuits: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Croissant
At first glance, you can see that in croissant is more calories than in biscuit.
Croissant has 406 kcal per 100g and biscuit 353 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 15%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in croissant cames from fat and in biscuit from carbs.
See tables below to compare croissant with biscuit in details.
Fact 2: Croissant And Biscuit Nutrition Difference
Biscuit vs Croissant: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|Carbohydrates||45.8 g||44.6 g|
|Fat||21 g||16.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||2.6 g||1.5 g|
|Protein||8.2 g||7 g|
|Water||23.2 g||28.9 g|
|Calcium||37 mg||235 mg|
|Iron||2.03 mg||2.9 mg|
|Magnessium||16 mg||18 mg|
|Phosphorus||1.8 mg||0.08 mg|
|Potassium||118 mg||121 mg|
|Sodium||384 mg||580 mg|
|Zink||1.8 mg||0.08 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.388 mg||0.356 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.241 mg||0.31 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||2.188 mg||2.949 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.058 mg||0.035 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.13 mg||0.095 mg|
|Vitaminium C||0.2 mg||0.2 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.84 mg||1.1 mg|
More protein in croissant
It is aslo easy to see see that in croissant is more protein than in biscuit.
There is 7g per 100g of biscuit and 8.2g per 100g of croissant so using simple math we can see that difference is about 17%.
More carbohydrates in croissant
In croissant is more carbohydrates than in biscuit.
There is 44.6g/100g of carbohydrates in biscuit and 45.8g/100g in croissant so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 3%.
More fat in croissant
In croissant is more fats than in biscuit.
The tables above show us that there is 16.3g/100g of fats in biscuit and 21g/100g in croissant. In this case difference is about 29%.
- Carbohydrates45.8 g
- Fat21 g
- Dietary fiber2.6 g
- Protein8.2 g
- Water23.2 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 45% CARBS.
- 8% PROTEIN
- 47% FAT
Vitamins: biscuit vs croissant
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): croissant 9% more than biscuit
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): biscuit 29% more than croissant
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): biscuit 35% more than croissant
- Vitaminium B6: croissant 66% more than biscuit
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): croissant 37% more than biscuit
- Vitaminium C: biscuit 0% more than croissant
- Vitaminium E: biscuit 31% more than croissant
Minerals: croissant vs biscuit
Compares of croissant
- Croissant vs Nutella
- Croissant vs Sponge Cake
- Croissant vs Carrot Cake
- Croissant vs Jam
- Croissant vs Waffle
- Croissant vs Ice Cream
- see all compares of croissant
Compares of biscuit
- Calories from Croissant
- Calories of Gorgonzola
- Calories in Buttermilk
- Chicken breast calories per 100g
- Orange juice carbs per 100g
- Cider protein per 100g
- Pork neck fat per 100g
- How many calories does Tabbouleh have?
- Calories in a half of kolache
- Calories in whole kolache
- Calories for one, two or more kolache
- How much protein in injera?