Couscous vs Wholemeal Pasta: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Couscous vs wholemeal pasta - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in couscous is less calories than in wholemeal pasta.
Couscous has 112 kcal per 100g and wholemeal pasta 159 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 42 %.
In couscous and in wholemeal pasta most calories came from carbs.
couscous or wholemeal pasta - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: wholemeal pasta - 42% more than couscous.
- Carbohydrates: wholemeal pasta - 36% more than couscous.
- Fat: wholemeal pasta - 838% more than couscous.
- Dietary fiber: wholemeal pasta - 229% more than couscous.
- Protein: wholemeal pasta - 54% more than couscous.
- Water: couscous - 16% more than wholemeal pasta.
Couscous vs wholemeal pasta: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|per 100g||Couscous||Wholemeal pasta|
|Carbohydrates||23.22 g||31.51 g|
|Fat||0.16 g||1.5 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.4 g||4.6 g|
|Protein||3.79 g||5.82 g|
|Water||72.57 g||60.72 g|
|Calcium||8 mg||12 mg|
|Iron||0.38 mg||1.65 mg|
|Magnessium||8 mg||45 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||20 mg|
|Potassium||58 mg||77 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||6 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||20 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.063 mg||0.157 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.027 mg||0.103 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.983 mg||2.887 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.051 mg||0.097 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.015 mg||0.02 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.13 mg||0.1 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in couscous is less protein than in wholemeal pasta.
There is 5.82g per 100g of wholemeal pasta and 3.79g per 100g of couscous so using simple math we can see that difference is about 54 %.
Where is more carbs?
In couscous is less carbohydrates than in wholemeal pasta.
There is 31.51g/100g of carbohydrates in wholemeal pasta and 23.22g/100g in couscous so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 36 %.
Where is more fats?
In couscous is less fats than in wholemeal pasta.
Tables below show us that there is 1.5g/100g of fats in wholemeal pasta and 0.16g/100g in couscous. In this case difference is about 838 %.
See tables below to compare couscous with wholemeal pasta in details.
- Carbohydrates23.22 g
- Fat0.16 g
- Dietary fiber1.4 g
- Protein3.79 g
- Water72.57 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | glass | cup cooked | cup raw
- 85% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
couscous or wholemeal pasta - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): wholemeal pasta - 149% more than couscous.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): wholemeal pasta - 281% more than couscous.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): wholemeal pasta - 194% more than couscous.
- Vitaminium B6: wholemeal pasta - 90% more than couscous.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): wholemeal pasta - 33% more than couscous.
- Vitaminium E: couscous - 23% more than wholemeal pasta.
couscous or wholemeal pasta - where is more minerals?
- Calcium: wholemeal pasta - 50% more than couscous.
- Iron: wholemeal pasta - 334% more than couscous.
- Magnessium: wholemeal pasta - 463% more than couscous.
- Phosphorus: wholemeal pasta - 19900% more than couscous.
- Potassium: wholemeal pasta - 33% more than couscous.
- Sodium: wholemeal pasta - 20% more than couscous.
- Zink: wholemeal pasta - 19900% more than couscous.
Compares of couscous
- Couscous vs Wheat Flour
- Couscous vs Pasta
- Couscous vs Wholemeal Pasta
- Couscous vs Muesli
- Couscous vs Oatmeal
- Couscous vs Spaghetti
Compares of wholemeal pasta
- Calories from Couscous
- Calories of Oatmeal bread
- Calories in Boiled egg (hard or soft)
- Turkey calories per 100g
- Pineapple juice carbs per 100g
- Flounder (fillet, meat) protein per 100g
- Argan oil fat per 100g
- How many calories does haddock have?
- Calories in a half of udon noodles
- Calories in whole udon noodles
- Calories for one, two or more udon noodles
- Calories in handful of udon noodles
- How much protein in salad greens?