Couscous vs Wholemeal Pasta: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Couscous
At first glance, you can see that in couscous is less calories than in wholemeal pasta.
Couscous has 112 kcal per 100g and wholemeal pasta 159 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 42%.
In couscous and in wholemeal pasta most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare couscous with wholemeal pasta in details.
Fact 2: Couscous And Wholemeal pasta Nutrition Difference
- Calories: wholemeal pasta - 42% more than couscous
- Carbohydrates: wholemeal pasta - 36% more than couscous
- Fat: wholemeal pasta - 838% more than couscous
- Dietary fiber: wholemeal pasta - 229% more than couscous
- Protein: wholemeal pasta - 54% more than couscous
- Water: couscous - 20% more than wholemeal pasta
Wholemeal pasta vs Couscous: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Couscous||Wholemeal pasta|
|Carbohydrates||23.22 g||31.51 g|
|Fat||0.16 g||1.5 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.4 g||4.6 g|
|Protein||3.79 g||5.82 g|
|Water||72.57 g||60.72 g|
|Calcium||8 mg||12 mg|
|Iron||0.38 mg||1.65 mg|
|Magnessium||8 mg||45 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||20 mg|
|Potassium||58 mg||77 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||6 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||20 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.063 mg||0.157 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.027 mg||0.103 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.983 mg||2.887 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.051 mg||0.097 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.015 mg||0.02 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.13 mg||0.1 mg|
Less protein in couscous
It is aslo easy to see see that in couscous is less protein than in wholemeal pasta.
There is 5.82g per 100g of wholemeal pasta and 3.79g per 100g of couscous so using simple math we can see that difference is about 54%.
Less carbohydrates in couscous
In couscous is less carbohydrates than in wholemeal pasta.
There is 31.51g/100g of carbohydrates in wholemeal pasta and 23.22g/100g in couscous so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 36%.
Less fat in couscous
In couscous is less fats than in wholemeal pasta.
The tables above show us that there is 1.5g/100g of fats in wholemeal pasta and 0.16g/100g in couscous. In this case difference is about 838%.
- Carbohydrates23.22 g
- Fat0.16 g
- Dietary fiber1.4 g
- Protein3.79 g
- Water72.57 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | glass | cup cooked | cup raw
- 85% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
Vitamins: wholemeal pasta vs couscous
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): wholemeal pasta 149% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): wholemeal pasta 281% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): wholemeal pasta 194% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B6: wholemeal pasta 90% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): wholemeal pasta 33% more than couscous
- Vitaminium E: couscous 30% more than wholemeal pasta
Minerals: couscous vs wholemeal pasta
- Calcium: wholemeal pasta 50% more than couscous
- Iron: wholemeal pasta 334% more than couscous
- Magnessium: wholemeal pasta 463% more than couscous
- Phosphorus: wholemeal pasta 19900% more than couscous
- Potassium: wholemeal pasta 33% more than couscous
- Sodium: wholemeal pasta 20% more than couscous
- Zink: wholemeal pasta 19900% more than couscous
Compares of couscous
- Couscous vs Wheat Flour
- Couscous vs Cooked Pasta
- Couscous vs Wholemeal Pasta
- Couscous vs Oatmeal
- Couscous vs Spaghetti
- Couscous vs Millet
- see all compares of couscous
Compares of wholemeal pasta
- see all compares of wholemeal pasta
- Calories from Couscous
- Calories of Oatmeal bread
- Calories in Gouda cheese
- Avocado oil calories per 100g
- Dried cranberries carbs per 100g
- Whisky (whiskey) protein per 100g
- Horseflesh fat per 100g
- How many calories does Sierra Mist have?
- Calories in a half of coconut flour
- Calories in whole coconut flour
- Calories for one, two or more coconut flour
- Calories in tablespoon of coconut flour
- Calories in teaspoon of coconut flour
- Calories in glass of coconut flour
- How much protein in Grey Goose vodka?