Couscous vs Wheat Flour: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Couscous
At first glance, you can see that in couscous is much less calories than in wheat flour.
Couscous has 112 kcal per 100g and wheat flour 364 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 225%.
In couscous and in wheat flour most calories came from carbs.
See tables below to compare couscous with wheat flour in details.
Fact 2: Couscous And Wheat flour Nutrition Difference
Wheat flour vs Couscous: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Couscous||Wheat flour|
|Carbohydrates||23.22 g||76.31 g|
|Fat||0.16 g||0.98 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.4 g||2.7 g|
|Protein||3.79 g||10.33 g|
|Water||72.57 g||11.92 g|
|Calcium||8 mg||15 mg|
|Iron||0.38 mg||1.17 mg|
|Magnessium||8 mg||22 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||0.3 mg|
|Potassium||58 mg||107 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||2 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.063 mg||0.12 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.027 mg||0.04 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.983 mg||1.25 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.051 mg||0.044 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.015 mg||0.026 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.13 mg||0.06 mg|
Less protein in couscous
It is aslo easy to see see that in couscous is less protein than in wheat flour.
There is 10.33g per 100g of wheat flour and 3.79g per 100g of couscous so using simple math we can see that difference is about 173%.
Less carbohydrates in couscous
In couscous is less carbohydrates than in wheat flour.
There is 76.31g/100g of carbohydrates in wheat flour and 23.22g/100g in couscous so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 229%.
Less fat in couscous
In couscous is less fats than in wheat flour.
The tables above show us that there is 0.98g/100g of fats in wheat flour and 0.16g/100g in couscous. In this case difference is about 513%.
- Carbohydrates23.22 g
- Fat0.16 g
- Dietary fiber1.4 g
- Protein3.79 g
- Water72.57 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | glass | cup cooked | cup raw
- 85% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
Vitamins: wheat flour vs couscous
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): wheat flour 90% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): wheat flour 48% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): wheat flour 27% more than couscous
- Vitaminium B6: couscous 16% more than wheat flour
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): wheat flour 73% more than couscous
- Vitaminium E: couscous 117% more than wheat flour
Minerals: couscous vs wheat flour
- Calcium: wheat flour 88% more than couscous
- Iron: wheat flour 208% more than couscous
- Magnessium: wheat flour 175% more than couscous
- Phosphorus: wheat flour 200% more than couscous
- Potassium: wheat flour 84% more than couscous
- Sodium: couscous 150% more than wheat flour
- Zink: wheat flour 200% more than couscous
Compares of couscous
- Couscous vs Wheat Flour
- Couscous vs Cooked Pasta
- Couscous vs Wholemeal Pasta
- Couscous vs Oatmeal
- Couscous vs Spaghetti
- Couscous vs Millet
- see all compares of couscous
Compares of wheat flour
- Calories from Couscous
- Calories of Oatmeal bread
- Calories in Gouda cheese
- Avocado oil calories per 100g
- Dried cranberries carbs per 100g
- Whisky (whiskey) protein per 100g
- Horseflesh fat per 100g
- How many calories does Sierra Mist have?
- Calories in a half of coconut flour
- Calories in whole coconut flour
- Calories for one, two or more coconut flour
- Calories in tablespoon of coconut flour
- Calories in teaspoon of coconut flour
- Calories in glass of coconut flour
- How much protein in Grey Goose vodka?