Couscous vs Spaghetti, Pasta: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Couscous vs spaghetti - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in couscous is less calories than in spaghetti.
Couscous has 112 kcal per 100g and spaghetti 158 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 41 %.
In couscous and in spaghetti most calories came from carbs.
couscous or spaghetti - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: spaghetti - 41% more than couscous.
- Carbohydrates: spaghetti - 33% more than couscous.
- Fat: spaghetti - 481% more than couscous.
- Dietary fiber: spaghetti - 29% more than couscous.
- Protein: spaghetti - 53% more than couscous.
- Water: couscous - 14% more than spaghetti.
Couscous vs spaghetti: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|per 100g||Couscous||Spaghetti, pasta|
|Carbohydrates||23.22 g||30.86 g|
|Fat||0.16 g||0.93 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.4 g||1.8 g|
|Protein||3.79 g||5.8 g|
|Water||72.57 g||62.13 g|
|Calcium||8 mg||7 mg|
|Iron||0.38 mg||0.5 mg|
|Magnessium||8 mg||18 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||7 mg|
|Potassium||58 mg||44 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||1 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||7 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.063 mg||0.02 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.027 mg||0.02 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.983 mg||0.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.051 mg||0.049 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.015 mg||0.007 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.13 mg||0.06 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in couscous is less protein than in spaghetti.
There is 5.8g per 100g of spaghetti and 3.79g per 100g of couscous so using simple math we can see that difference is about 53 %.
Where is more carbs?
In couscous is less carbohydrates than in spaghetti.
There is 30.86g/100g of carbohydrates in spaghetti and 23.22g/100g in couscous so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 33 %.
Where is more fats?
In couscous is less fats than in spaghetti.
Tables below show us that there is 0.93g/100g of fats in spaghetti and 0.16g/100g in couscous. In this case difference is about 481 %.
See tables below to compare couscous with spaghetti in details.
- Carbohydrates23.22 g
- Fat0.16 g
- Dietary fiber1.4 g
- Protein3.79 g
- Water72.57 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | glass | cup cooked | cup raw
- 85% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
couscous or spaghetti - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): couscous - 68% more than spaghetti.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): couscous - 26% more than spaghetti.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): couscous - 59% more than spaghetti.
- Vitaminium B6: couscous - 4% more than spaghetti.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): couscous - 53% more than spaghetti.
- Vitaminium E: couscous - 54% more than spaghetti.
couscous or spaghetti - where is more minerals?
- Calcium: couscous - 13% more than spaghetti.
- Iron: spaghetti - 32% more than couscous.
- Magnessium: spaghetti - 125% more than couscous.
- Phosphorus: spaghetti - 6900% more than couscous.
- Potassium: couscous - 24% more than spaghetti.
- Sodium: couscous - 80% more than spaghetti.
- Zink: spaghetti - 6900% more than couscous.
Compares of couscous
- Couscous vs Wheat Flour
- Couscous vs Pasta
- Couscous vs Wholemeal Pasta
- Couscous vs Muesli
- Couscous vs Oatmeal
- Couscous vs Spaghetti
Compares of spaghetti
- Calories from Couscous
- Calories of Oatmeal bread
- Calories in Boiled egg (hard or soft)
- Turkey calories per 100g
- Pineapple juice carbs per 100g
- Flounder (fillet, meat) protein per 100g
- Argan oil fat per 100g
- How many calories does haddock have?
- Calories in a half of udon noodles
- Calories in whole udon noodles
- Calories for one, two or more udon noodles
- Calories in handful of udon noodles
- How much protein in salad greens?