Couscous vs Oatmeal: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Couscous vs oatmeal - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in couscous is more calories than in oatmeal.
Couscous has 112 kcal per 100g and oatmeal 68 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 39 %.
In couscous and in oatmeal most calories came from carbs.
couscous or oatmeal - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: couscous - 39% more than oatmeal.
- Carbohydrates: couscous - 50% more than oatmeal.
- Fat: oatmeal - 750% more than couscous.
- Dietary fiber: oatmeal - 21% more than couscous.
- Protein: couscous - 37% more than oatmeal.
- Water: oatmeal - 16% more than couscous.
Couscous vs oatmeal: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|Carbohydrates||23.22 g||11.67 g|
|Fat||0.16 g||1.36 g|
|Dietary fiber||1.4 g||1.7 g|
|Protein||3.79 g||2.37 g|
|Water||72.57 g||84.03 g|
|Calcium||8 mg||80 mg|
|Iron||0.38 mg||5.96 mg|
|Magnessium||8 mg||26 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||77 mg|
|Potassium||58 mg||61 mg|
|Sodium||5 mg||49 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||0.62 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.027 mg||0.215 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.983 mg||3.025 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.051 mg||0.29 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.015 mg||39 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.13 mg||0.07 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in couscous is more protein than in oatmeal.
There is 2.37g per 100g of oatmeal and 3.79g per 100g of couscous so using simple math we can see that difference is about 37 %.
Where is more carbs?
In couscous is more carbohydrates than in oatmeal.
There is 11.67g/100g of carbohydrates in oatmeal and 23.22g/100g in couscous so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 50 %.
Where is more fats?
In couscous is less fats than in oatmeal.
Tables below show us that there is 1.36g/100g of fats in oatmeal and 0.16g/100g in couscous. In this case difference is about 750 %.
See tables below to compare couscous with oatmeal in details.
- Carbohydrates23.22 g
- Fat0.16 g
- Dietary fiber1.4 g
- Protein3.79 g
- Water72.57 g
100g | ounce | tablespoon | glass | cup cooked | cup raw
- 85% CARBS.
- 14% PROTEIN
- 1% FAT
couscous or oatmeal - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): oatmeal - 696% more than couscous.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): oatmeal - 208% more than couscous.
- Vitaminium B6: oatmeal - 469% more than couscous.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): oatmeal - 259900% more than couscous.
- Vitaminium E: couscous - 46% more than oatmeal.
couscous or oatmeal - where is more minerals?
- Calcium: oatmeal - 900% more than couscous.
- Iron: oatmeal - 1468% more than couscous.
- Magnessium: oatmeal - 225% more than couscous.
- Phosphorus: oatmeal - 76900% more than couscous.
- Potassium: oatmeal - 5% more than couscous.
- Sodium: oatmeal - 880% more than couscous.
- Zink: oatmeal - 520% more than couscous.
Compares of couscous
- Couscous vs Wheat Flour
- Couscous vs Pasta
- Couscous vs Wholemeal Pasta
- Couscous vs Muesli
- Couscous vs Oatmeal
- Couscous vs Spaghetti
Compares of oatmeal
- Calories from Couscous
- Calories of Oatmeal bread
- Calories in Boiled egg (hard or soft)
- Turkey calories per 100g
- Pineapple juice carbs per 100g
- Flounder (fillet, meat) protein per 100g
- Argan oil fat per 100g
- How many calories does haddock have?
- Calories in a half of udon noodles
- Calories in whole udon noodles
- Calories for one, two or more udon noodles
- Calories in handful of udon noodles
- How much protein in salad greens?