Cottage Cheese vs Parmesan: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Cottage cheese
At first glance, you can see that in cottage cheese is much less calories than in Parmesan.
Cottage cheese has 98 kcal per 100g and Parmesan 392 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 300%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in cottage cheese cames from protein and in Parmesan from fat.
See tables below to compare cottage cheese with Parmesan in details.
Fact 2: Cottage cheese And Parmesan Nutrition Difference
Parmesan vs Cottage cheese: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Cottage cheese||Parmesan|
|Carbohydrates||3.38 g||3.22 g|
|Fat||4.3 g||25 g|
|Protein||11.12 g||35.75 g|
|Water||79.79 g||30 g|
|Calcium||83 mg||1184 mg|
|Iron||0.07 mg||0.82 mg|
|Magnessium||8 mg||44 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||1.7 mg|
|Potassium||104 mg||92 mg|
|Sodium||315 mg||1175 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||1.7 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.027 mg||0.039 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.163 mg||0.332 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.099 mg||0.271 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.046 mg||0.091 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.012 mg||0.007 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.08 mg||0.22 mg|
Less protein in cottage cheese
It is aslo easy to see see that in cottage cheese is less protein than in Parmesan.
There is 35.75g per 100g of Parmesan and 11.12g per 100g of cottage cheese so using simple math we can see that difference is about 221%.
More carbohydrates in cottage cheese
In cottage cheese is more carbohydrates than in Parmesan.
There is 3.22g/100g of carbohydrates in Parmesan and 3.38g/100g in cottage cheese so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 5%.
Less fat in cottage cheese
In cottage cheese is less fats than in Parmesan.
The tables above show us that there is 25g/100g of fats in Parmesan and 4.3g/100g in cottage cheese. In this case difference is about 481%.
- Carbohydrates3.38 g
- Fat4.3 g
- Protein11.12 g
- Water79.79 g
100g | ounce | single piece | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 14% CARBS.
- 46% PROTEIN
- 40% FAT
Vitamins: Parmesan vs cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): Parmesan 44% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): Parmesan 104% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): Parmesan 174% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B6: Parmesan 98% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cottage cheese 71% more than Parmesan
- Vitaminium E: Parmesan 175% more than cottage cheese
Minerals: cottage cheese vs Parmesan
- Calcium: Parmesan 1327% more than cottage cheese
- Iron: Parmesan 1071% more than cottage cheese
- Magnessium: Parmesan 450% more than cottage cheese
- Phosphorus: Parmesan 1600% more than cottage cheese
- Potassium: cottage cheese 13% more than Parmesan
- Sodium: Parmesan 273% more than cottage cheese
- Zink: Parmesan 1600% more than cottage cheese
Compares of cottage cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Blue Cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Brie
- Cottage Cheese vs Camembert
- Cottage Cheese vs White Cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Edam Cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Feta Cheese
- see all compares of cottage cheese
Compares of Parmesan
- Calories from Cottage cheese
- Calories of Palm oil
- Calories in Apple juice
- Beer calories per 100g
- Shrimp carbs per 100g
- Sharp cheddar cheese protein per 100g
- Sesame bagel fat per 100g
- How many calories do Triscuits crackers have?
- Calories in a half of soft serve ice cream
- Calories in whole soft serve ice cream
- Calories for one, two or more soft serve ice cream
- How much protein in McDonalds Sundae Caramel?
- Cottage Cheese vs Swiss Cheese nutrition
- Cottage Cheese vs Milk calories
- Cottage Cheese vs Buttermilk protein
- Cottage Cheese vs Goat's Milk sugar
- Cottage Cheese vs Egg White vitamins
- Cottage Cheese vs Egg Yolk dietary fiber
- Cottage Cheese vs Boiled Egg vitaminium C
- Cottage Cheese vs Butter magnessium
- Cottage Cheese vs Goat Cheese potassium