Cottage Cheese vs Whole Milk: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Cottage cheese
At first glance, you can see that in cottage cheese is much more calories than in whole milk.
Cottage cheese has 98 kcal per 100g and whole milk 61 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 61%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in cottage cheese cames from protein and in whole milk from fat.
See tables below to compare cottage cheese with whole milk in details.
Fact 2: Cottage cheese And Whole milk Nutrition Difference
Whole milk vs Cottage cheese: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Cottage cheese||Whole milk|
|Carbohydrates||3.38 g||4.46 g|
|Fat||4.3 g||3.46 g|
|Protein||11.12 g||3.1 g|
|Water||79.79 g||88.2 g|
|Calcium||83 mg||101 mg|
|Iron||0.07 mg||0.05 mg|
|Magnessium||8 mg||5 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||0.3 mg|
|Potassium||104 mg||253 mg|
|Sodium||315 mg||3 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.027 mg||0.02 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.163 mg||0.105 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.099 mg||0.043 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.046 mg||0.034 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.012 mg||0.005 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.08 mg||0.08 mg|
More protein in cottage cheese
It is aslo easy to see see that in cottage cheese is more protein than in whole milk.
There is 3.1g per 100g of whole milk and 11.12g per 100g of cottage cheese so using simple math we can see that difference is about 259%.
Less carbohydrates in cottage cheese
In cottage cheese is less carbohydrates than in whole milk.
There is 4.46g/100g of carbohydrates in whole milk and 3.38g/100g in cottage cheese so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 32%.
More fat in cottage cheese
In cottage cheese is more fats than in whole milk.
The tables above show us that there is 3.46g/100g of fats in whole milk and 4.3g/100g in cottage cheese. In this case difference is about 24%.
- Carbohydrates3.38 g
- Fat4.3 g
- Protein11.12 g
- Water79.79 g
100g | ounce | single piece | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 14% CARBS.
- 46% PROTEIN
- 40% FAT
Vitamins: whole milk vs cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): cottage cheese 35% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): cottage cheese 55% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): cottage cheese 130% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B6: cottage cheese 35% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cottage cheese 140% more than whole milk
- Vitaminium E: whole milk 0% more than cottage cheese
Minerals: cottage cheese vs whole milk
- Calcium: whole milk 22% more than cottage cheese
- Iron: cottage cheese 40% more than whole milk
- Magnessium: cottage cheese 60% more than whole milk
- Phosphorus: whole milk 200% more than cottage cheese
- Potassium: whole milk 143% more than cottage cheese
- Sodium: cottage cheese 10400% more than whole milk
- Zink: whole milk 200% more than cottage cheese
Compares of cottage cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Blue Cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Brie
- Cottage Cheese vs Camembert
- Cottage Cheese vs White Cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Edam Cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Feta Cheese
- see all compares of cottage cheese
Compares of whole milk
- Calories from Cottage cheese
- Calories of Palm oil
- Calories in Apple juice
- Beer calories per 100g
- Shrimp carbs per 100g
- Sharp cheddar cheese protein per 100g
- Sesame bagel fat per 100g
- How many calories do Triscuits crackers have?
- Calories in a half of soft serve ice cream
- Calories in whole soft serve ice cream
- Calories for one, two or more soft serve ice cream
- How much protein in McDonalds Sundae Caramel?
- Cottage Cheese vs Buttermilk nutrition
- Cottage Cheese vs Goat's Milk calories
- Cottage Cheese vs Egg White protein
- Cottage Cheese vs Egg Yolk sugar
- Cottage Cheese vs Boiled Egg vitamins
- Cottage Cheese vs Butter dietary fiber
- Cottage Cheese vs Goat Cheese vitaminium C
- Cottage Cheese vs Goat Cheese magnessium
- Cottage Cheese vs Sour Cream potassium