Cottage Cheese vs Feta Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is Less Calories in Cottage cheese
At first glance, you can see that in cottage cheese is much less calories than in feta cheese.
Cottage cheese has 98 kcal per 100g and feta cheese 265 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 170%.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in cottage cheese cames from protein and in feta cheese from fat.
See tables below to compare cottage cheese with feta cheese in details.
Fact 2: Cottage cheese And Feta cheese Nutrition Difference
Feta cheese vs Cottage cheese: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Cottage cheese||Feta cheese|
|Carbohydrates||3.38 g||3.88 g|
|Fat||4.3 g||21.49 g|
|Protein||11.12 g||14.21 g|
|Water||79.79 g||55.22 g|
|Calcium||83 mg||493 mg|
|Iron||0.07 mg||0.65 mg|
|Magnessium||8 mg||19 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||1.8 mg|
|Potassium||104 mg||62 mg|
|Sodium||315 mg||1139 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||1.8 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.027 mg||0.154 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.163 mg||0.844 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.099 mg||0.991 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.046 mg||0.424 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.012 mg||0.032 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.08 mg||0.18 mg|
Less protein in cottage cheese
It is aslo easy to see see that in cottage cheese is less protein than in feta cheese.
There is 14.21g per 100g of feta cheese and 11.12g per 100g of cottage cheese so using simple math we can see that difference is about 28%.
Less carbohydrates in cottage cheese
In cottage cheese is less carbohydrates than in feta cheese.
There is 3.88g/100g of carbohydrates in feta cheese and 3.38g/100g in cottage cheese so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 15%.
Less fat in cottage cheese
In cottage cheese is less fats than in feta cheese.
The tables above show us that there is 21.49g/100g of fats in feta cheese and 4.3g/100g in cottage cheese. In this case difference is about 400%.
- Carbohydrates3.38 g
- Fat4.3 g
- Protein11.12 g
- Water79.79 g
100g | ounce | single piece | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 14% CARBS.
- 46% PROTEIN
- 40% FAT
Vitamins: feta cheese vs cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): feta cheese 470% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): feta cheese 418% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): feta cheese 901% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B6: feta cheese 822% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): feta cheese 167% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium E: feta cheese 125% more than cottage cheese
Minerals: cottage cheese vs feta cheese
- Calcium: feta cheese 494% more than cottage cheese
- Iron: feta cheese 829% more than cottage cheese
- Magnessium: feta cheese 138% more than cottage cheese
- Phosphorus: feta cheese 1700% more than cottage cheese
- Potassium: cottage cheese 68% more than feta cheese
- Sodium: feta cheese 262% more than cottage cheese
- Zink: feta cheese 1700% more than cottage cheese
Compares of cottage cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Blue Cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Brie
- Cottage Cheese vs Camembert
- Cottage Cheese vs White Cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Edam Cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Feta Cheese
- see all compares of cottage cheese
Compares of feta cheese
- Calories from Cottage cheese
- Calories of Palm oil
- Calories in Apple juice
- Beer calories per 100g
- Shrimp carbs per 100g
- Sharp cheddar cheese protein per 100g
- Sesame bagel fat per 100g
- How many calories do Triscuits crackers have?
- Calories in a half of soft serve ice cream
- Calories in whole soft serve ice cream
- Calories for one, two or more soft serve ice cream
- How much protein in McDonalds Sundae Caramel?
- Cottage Cheese vs Gouda Cheese nutrition
- Cottage Cheese vs Parmesan calories
- Cottage Cheese vs Swiss Cheese protein
- Cottage Cheese vs Milk sugar
- Cottage Cheese vs Buttermilk vitamins
- Cottage Cheese vs Goat's Milk dietary fiber
- Cottage Cheese vs Egg White vitaminium C
- Cottage Cheese vs Egg Yolk magnessium
- Cottage Cheese vs Boiled Egg potassium