Cottage Cheese vs Egg Yolk: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Cottage cheese
At first glance, you can see that in cottage cheese is much more calories than in egg yolk.
Cottage cheese has 98 kcal per 100g and egg yolk 322 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 229 %.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in cottage cheese cames from protein and in egg yolk from fat.
See tables below to compare cottage cheese with egg yolk in details.
Fact 2: Cottage cheese And Egg yolk Nutrition Difference
Egg yolk vs Cottage cheese: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Cottage cheese||Egg yolk|
|Carbohydrates||3.38 g||3.59 g|
|Fat||4.3 g||26.54 g|
|Protein||11.12 g||15.86 g|
|Water||79.79 g||52.31 g|
|Calcium||83 mg||129 mg|
|Iron||0.07 mg||2.73 mg|
|Magnessium||8 mg||5 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||0.7 mg|
|Potassium||104 mg||109 mg|
|Sodium||315 mg||48 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||0.7 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.027 mg||0.176 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.163 mg||0.528 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.099 mg||0.024 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.046 mg||0.35 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.012 mg||0.146 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.08 mg||2.58 mg|
Less protein in cottage cheese
It is aslo easy to see see that in cottage cheese is less protein than in egg yolk.
There is 15.86g per 100g of egg yolk and 11.12g per 100g of cottage cheese so using simple math we can see that difference is about 43 %.
Less carbohydrates in cottage cheese
In cottage cheese is less carbohydrates than in egg yolk.
There is 3.59g/100g of carbohydrates in egg yolk and 3.38g/100g in cottage cheese so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 6 %.
Less fat in cottage cheese
In cottage cheese is less fats than in egg yolk.
The tables above show us that there is 26.54g/100g of fats in egg yolk and 4.3g/100g in cottage cheese. In this case difference is about 517 %.
- Carbohydrates3.38 g
- Fat4.3 g
- Protein11.12 g
- Water79.79 g
100g | ounce | single piece | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 14% CARBS.
- 46% PROTEIN
- 40% FAT
Vitamins: egg yolk vs cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): egg yolk 552% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): egg yolk 224% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): cottage cheese 313% more than egg yolk
- Vitaminium B6: egg yolk 661% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): egg yolk 1117% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium E: egg yolk 3125% more than cottage cheese
Minerals: cottage cheese vs egg yolk
- Calcium: egg yolk 55% more than cottage cheese
- Iron: egg yolk 3800% more than cottage cheese
- Magnessium: cottage cheese 60% more than egg yolk
- Phosphorus: egg yolk 600% more than cottage cheese
- Potassium: egg yolk 5% more than cottage cheese
- Sodium: cottage cheese 556% more than egg yolk
- Zink: egg yolk 600% more than cottage cheese
Compares of cottage cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Blue Cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Brie
- Cottage Cheese vs Camembert
- Cottage Cheese vs White Cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Edam Cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Feta Cheese
- see all compares of cottage cheese
Compares of egg yolk
- Calories from Cottage cheese
- Calories of Palm oil
- Calories in Apple juice
- Beer calories per 100g
- Shrimp carbs per 100g
- Sharp cheddar cheese protein per 100g
- Sesame bagel fat per 100g
- How many calories do Triscuits crackers have?
- Calories in a half of soft serve ice cream
- Calories in whole soft serve ice cream
- Calories for one, two or more soft serve ice cream
- How much protein in McDonalds Sundae Caramel?
- Cottage Cheese vs Boiled Egg nutrition
- Cottage Cheese vs Butter calories
- Cottage Cheese vs Goat Cheese protein
- Cottage Cheese vs Goat Cheese sugar
- Cottage Cheese vs Sour Cream vitamins
- Cottage Cheese vs Natural Yogurt dietary fiber
- Cottage Cheese vs Greek Yoghurt vitaminium C
- Cottage Cheese vs Cheddar magnessium
- Cottage Cheese vs Margarine potassium