Cottage Cheese vs Edam Cheese: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Cottage cheese vs Edam cheese - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in cottage cheese is much more calories than in Edam cheese.
Cottage cheese has 98 kcal per 100g and Edam cheese 357 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 264 %.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in cottage cheese cames from protein and in Edam cheese from fat.
cottage cheese or Edam cheese - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: Edam cheese - 264% more than cottage cheese
- Carbohydrates: cottage cheese - 136% more than Edam cheese
- Fat: Edam cheese - 564% more than cottage cheese
- Protein: Edam cheese - 125% more than cottage cheese
- Water: cottage cheese - 95% more than Edam cheese
Cottage cheese vs Edam cheese nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|per 100g||Cottage cheese||Edam cheese|
|Carbohydrates||3.38 g||1.43 g|
|Fat||4.3 g||28.57 g|
|Protein||11.12 g||24.99 g|
|Water||79.79 g||41 g|
|Calcium||83 mg||731 mg|
|Iron||0.07 mg||0.44 mg|
|Magnessium||8 mg||30 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||2.3 mg|
|Potassium||104 mg||188 mg|
|Sodium||315 mg||973 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||2.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.027 mg||0.037 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.163 mg||0.389 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||0.099 mg||0.082 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.046 mg||0.076 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.012 mg||0.016 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.08 mg||0.24 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in cottage cheese is less protein than in Edam cheese.
There is 24.99g per 100g of Edam cheese and 11.12g per 100g of cottage cheese so using simple math we can see that difference is about 125 %.
In cottage cheese is more carbohydrates than in Edam cheese.
There is 1.43g/100g of carbohydrates in Edam cheese and 3.38g/100g in cottage cheese so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 136 %.
In cottage cheese is less fats than in Edam cheese.
The tables above show us that there is 28.57g/100g of fats in Edam cheese and 4.3g/100g in cottage cheese. In this case difference is about 564 %.
See tables below to compare cottage cheese with Edam cheese in details.
- Carbohydrates3.38 g
- Fat4.3 g
- Protein11.12 g
- Water79.79 g
100g | ounce | single piece | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup
- 14% CARBS.
- 46% PROTEIN
- 40% FAT
Vitamins: Edam cheese vs cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): Edam cheese 37% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): Edam cheese 139% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): cottage cheese 21% more than Edam cheese
- Vitaminium B6: Edam cheese 65% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): Edam cheese 33% more than cottage cheese
- Vitaminium E: Edam cheese 200% more than cottage cheese
Minerals: cottage cheese vs Edam cheese
- Calcium: Edam cheese 781% more than cottage cheese
- Iron: Edam cheese 529% more than cottage cheese
- Magnessium: Edam cheese 275% more than cottage cheese
- Phosphorus: Edam cheese 2200% more than cottage cheese
- Potassium: Edam cheese 81% more than cottage cheese
- Sodium: Edam cheese 209% more than cottage cheese
- Zink: Edam cheese 2200% more than cottage cheese
Compares of cottage cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Blue Cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Brie
- Cottage Cheese vs Camembert
- Cottage Cheese vs White Cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Edam Cheese
- Cottage Cheese vs Feta Cheese
- see all compares of cottage cheese
Compares of Edam cheese
- Calories from Cottage cheese
- Calories of Palm oil
- Calories in Apple juice
- Beer calories per 100g
- Shrimp carbs per 100g
- Sharp cheddar cheese protein per 100g
- Sesame bagel fat per 100g
- How many calories do Triscuits crackers have?
- Calories in a half of soft serve ice cream
- Calories in whole soft serve ice cream
- Calories for one, two or more soft serve ice cream
- How much protein in McDonalds Sundae Caramel?
- Cottage Cheese vs Feta Cheese nutrition
- Cottage Cheese vs Gouda Cheese calories
- Cottage Cheese vs Parmesan protein
- Cottage Cheese vs Swiss Cheese sugar
- Cottage Cheese vs Milk vitamins
- Cottage Cheese vs Buttermilk dietary fiber
- Cottage Cheese vs Goat's Milk vitaminium C
- Cottage Cheese vs Egg White magnessium
- Cottage Cheese vs Egg Yolk potassium