Corn vs Sweet Potato: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Corn vs sweet potato - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in corn is just a little the same number of calories as in sweet potato.
Corn has 86 kcal per 100g and sweet potato 86 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 0 %.
In corn and in sweet potato most calories came from carbs.
corn or sweet potato - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: sweet potato - 0% more than corn.
- Carbohydrates: sweet potato - 8% more than corn.
- Fat: corn - 96% more than sweet potato.
- Dietary fiber: sweet potato - 50% more than corn.
- Protein: corn - 51% more than sweet potato.
Corn vs sweet potato: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|per 100g||Corn||Sweet potato|
|Carbohydrates||18.7 g||20.12 g|
|Fat||1.35 g||0.05 g|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||3 g|
|Protein||3.27 g||1.6 g|
|Calcium||2 mg||30 mg|
|Iron||0.52 mg||0.61 mg|
|Magnessium||37 mg||25 mg|
|Potassium||270 mg||337 mg|
|Sodium||15 mg||55 mg|
|Zink||0.46 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.155 mg||0.078 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.055 mg||0.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.77 mg||0.557 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.717 mg||0.8 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.093 mg||0.209 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||42 mg||11 mg|
|Vitaminium C||6.8 mg||2.4 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.07 mg||0.26 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.3 mg||1.8 mg|
|Beta karoten||16 mg||8509 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in corn is more protein than in sweet potato.
There is 1.6g per 100g of sweet potato and 3.27g per 100g of corn so using simple math we can see that difference is about 51 %.
Where is more carbs?
In corn is less carbohydrates than in sweet potato.
There is 20.12g/100g of carbohydrates in sweet potato and 18.7g/100g in corn so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 8 %.
Where is more fats?
In corn is more fats than in sweet potato.
Tables below show us that there is 0.05g/100g of fats in sweet potato and 1.35g/100g in corn. In this case difference is about 96 %.
See tables below to compare corn with sweet potato in details.
- Carbohydrates18.7 g
- Fat1.35 g
- Dietary fiber2 g
- Protein3.27 g
100g | ounce | single piece | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup | small can | medium can
- 75% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 12% FAT
corn or sweet potato - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): corn - 50% more than sweet potato.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sweet potato - 11% more than corn.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): corn - 69% more than sweet potato.
- Vitaminium B5: sweet potato - 12% more than corn.
- Vitaminium B6: sweet potato - 125% more than corn.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): corn - 74% more than sweet potato.
- Vitaminium C: corn - 65% more than sweet potato.
- Vitaminium E: sweet potato - 271% more than corn.
- Vitaminium K: sweet potato - 500% more than corn.
- Beta karoten: sweet potato - 53081% more than corn.
corn or sweet potato - where is more minerals?
Compares of corn
- Asparagus vs Corn
- Bamboo Shoots vs Corn
- Beetroot vs Corn
- Bok Choy vs Corn
- Calabash vs Corn
- Broccoli vs Corn