Corn vs Sweet Potato: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Corn vs sweet potato - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in corn is just a little the same number of calories as in sweet potato.
Corn has 86 kcal per 100g and sweet potato 86 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 0 %.
In corn and in sweet potato most calories came from carbs.
corn or sweet potato - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: sweet potato - 0% more than corn
- Carbohydrates: sweet potato - 8% more than corn
- Fat: corn - 2600% more than sweet potato
- Dietary fiber: sweet potato - 50% more than corn
- Protein: corn - 104% more than sweet potato
Corn vs sweet potato nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|per 100g||Corn||Sweet potato|
|Carbohydrates||18.7 g||20.12 g|
|Fat||1.35 g||0.05 g|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||3 g|
|Protein||3.27 g||1.6 g|
|Calcium||2 mg||30 mg|
|Iron||0.52 mg||0.61 mg|
|Magnessium||37 mg||25 mg|
|Potassium||270 mg||337 mg|
|Sodium||15 mg||55 mg|
|Zink||0.46 mg||0.3 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.155 mg||0.078 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.055 mg||0.061 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||1.77 mg||0.557 mg|
|Vitaminium B5||0.717 mg||0.8 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.093 mg||0.209 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||42 mg||11 mg|
|Vitaminium C||6.8 mg||2.4 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.07 mg||0.26 mg|
|Vitaminium K||0.3 mg||1.8 mg|
|Beta karoten||16 mg||8509 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in corn is more protein than in sweet potato.
There is 1.6g per 100g of sweet potato and 3.27g per 100g of corn so using simple math we can see that difference is about 104 %.
In corn is less carbohydrates than in sweet potato.
There is 20.12g/100g of carbohydrates in sweet potato and 18.7g/100g in corn so let me do the math for you again - difference is about 8 %.
In corn is more fats than in sweet potato.
The tables above show us that there is 0.05g/100g of fats in sweet potato and 1.35g/100g in corn. In this case difference is about 2600 %.
See tables below to compare corn with sweet potato in details.
- Carbohydrates18.7 g
- Fat1.35 g
- Dietary fiber2 g
- Protein3.27 g
100g | ounce | single piece | tablespoon | teaspoon | cup | half cup | small can | medium can
- 75% CARBS.
- 13% PROTEIN
- 12% FAT
Vitamins: sweet potato vs corn
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): corn 99% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): sweet potato 11% more than corn
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): corn 218% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium B5: sweet potato 12% more than corn
- Vitaminium B6: sweet potato 125% more than corn
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): corn 282% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium C: corn 183% more than sweet potato
- Vitaminium E: sweet potato 271% more than corn
- Vitaminium K: sweet potato 500% more than corn
- Beta karoten: sweet potato 53081% more than corn
Minerals: corn vs sweet potato
Compares of corn
- Corn vs Asparagus
- Corn vs Bamboo Shoots
- Corn vs Beetroot
- Corn vs Broccoli
- Corn vs Brussels Sprouts
- Corn vs Butternut Squash
- see all compares of corn