Cod vs Tilapia (Fillet, Meat): All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Cod fillet vs tilapia - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in cod fillet is less calories than in tilapia.
Cod fillet has 82 kcal per 100g and tilapia 96 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 17 %.
In cod fillet and in tilapia most calories came from protein.
cod fillet or tilapia - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: tilapia - 17% more than cod fillet.
- Fat: tilapia - 154% more than cod fillet.
- Protein: tilapia - 13% more than cod fillet.
- Water: cod fillet - 4% more than tilapia.
Cod fillet vs tilapia: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|per 100g||Cod||Tilapia (fillet, meat)|
|Fat||0.67 g||1.7 g|
|Protein||17.81 g||20.08 g|
|Water||81.22 g||78.08 g|
|Calcium||16 mg||10 mg|
|Iron||0.38 mg||0.56 mg|
|Magnessium||32 mg||27 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||1.4 mg|
|Potassium||413 mg||302 mg|
|Sodium||54 mg||52 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||1.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.076 mg||0.041 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.065 mg||0.063 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||2.063 mg||3.903 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.245 mg||0.162 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.007 mg||0.024 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.64 mg||0.4 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in cod fillet is less protein than in tilapia.
There is 20.08g per 100g of tilapia and 17.81g per 100g of cod fillet so using simple math we can see that difference is about 13 %.
Where is more carbs?
There is the same amount of carbohydrates in cod fillet and tilapia - 0g/100g.
Where is more fats?
In cod fillet is less fats than in tilapia.
Tables below show us that there is 1.7g/100g of fats in tilapia and 0.67g/100g in cod fillet. In this case difference is about 154 %.
See tables below to compare cod fillet with tilapia in details.
- Fat0.67 g
- Protein17.81 g
- Water81.22 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 0% CARBS.
- 92% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
cod fillet or tilapia - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): cod fillet - 46% more than tilapia.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): cod fillet - 3% more than tilapia.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): tilapia - 89% more than cod fillet.
- Vitaminium B6: cod fillet - 34% more than tilapia.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): tilapia - 243% more than cod fillet.
- Vitaminium E: cod fillet - 38% more than tilapia.
cod fillet or tilapia - where is more minerals?
- Calcium: cod fillet - 38% more than tilapia.
- Iron: tilapia - 47% more than cod fillet.
- Magnessium: cod fillet - 16% more than tilapia.
- Phosphorus: tilapia - 1300% more than cod fillet.
- Potassium: cod fillet - 27% more than tilapia.
- Sodium: cod fillet - 4% more than tilapia.
- Zink: tilapia - 1300% more than cod fillet.
Compares of cod fillet
- Anchovy vs Cod Fillet
- Carp vs Cod Fillet
- Cod Fillet vs Eel
- Cod Fillet vs Flounder
- Cod Fillet vs Halibut
- Cod Fillet vs Mackerel
Compares of tilapia
- Calories from Cod
- Calories of Cranberry juice
- Calories in Instant coffee
- Oxtail calories per 100g
- Calamari carbs per 100g
- Jumbo egg protein per 100g
- Cheese enchilada fat per 100g
- How many calories does unsweetened almond milk have?
- Calories in a half of Churros
- Calories in whole Churros
- Calories for one, two or more Churros
- How much protein in Smarties?