Cod vs Shark Meat: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Cod fillet vs shark meat - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in cod fillet is much more calories than in shark meat.
Cod fillet has 82 kcal per 100g and shark meat 130 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 59 %.
In cod fillet and in shark most calories came from protein.
cod fillet or shark meat - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: shark meat - 59% more than cod fillet
- Fat: shark meat - 573% more than cod fillet
- Protein: shark meat - 18% more than cod fillet
- Water: cod fillet - 10% more than shark meat
Cod fillet vs shark meat nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|per 100g||Cod||Shark meat|
|Fat||0.67 g||4.51 g|
|Protein||17.81 g||20.98 g|
|Water||81.22 g||73.58 g|
|Calcium||16 mg||34 mg|
|Iron||0.38 mg||0.84 mg|
|Magnessium||32 mg||49 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Potassium||413 mg||160 mg|
|Sodium||54 mg||79 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.076 mg||0.042 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.065 mg||0.062 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||2.063 mg||2.938 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.245 mg||0.4 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.007 mg||0.003 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.64 mg||1 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in cod fillet is less protein than in shark meat.
There is 20.98g per 100g of shark meat and 17.81g per 100g of cod fillet so using simple math we can see that difference is about 18 %.
There is the same amount of carbohydrates in cod fillet and shark meat - 0g/100g.
In cod fillet is less fats than in shark meat.
The tables above show us that there is 4.51g/100g of fats in shark meat and 0.67g/100g in cod fillet. In this case difference is about 573 %.
See tables below to compare cod fillet with shark meat in details.
- Fat0.67 g
- Protein17.81 g
- Water81.22 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 0% CARBS.
- 92% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: shark meat vs cod fillet
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): cod fillet 81% more than shark meat
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): cod fillet 5% more than shark meat
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): shark meat 42% more than cod fillet
- Vitaminium B6: shark meat 63% more than cod fillet
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cod fillet 133% more than shark meat
- Vitaminium E: shark meat 56% more than cod fillet
Minerals: cod fillet vs shark meat
- Calcium: shark meat 113% more than cod fillet
- Iron: shark meat 121% more than cod fillet
- Magnessium: shark meat 53% more than cod fillet
- Phosphorus: shark meat 0% more than cod fillet
- Potassium: cod fillet 158% more than shark meat
- Sodium: shark meat 46% more than cod fillet
- Zink: shark meat 0% more than cod fillet
Compares of cod fillet
- Cod Fillet vs Anchovy
- Cod Fillet vs Carp
- Cod Fillet vs Eel
- Cod Fillet vs Flounder
- Cod Fillet vs Halibut
- Cod Fillet vs Mackerel
- see all compares of cod fillet
Compares of shark
- Calories from Cod
- Calories of Cranberry juice
- Calories in Instant coffee
- Oxtail calories per 100g
- Calamari carbs per 100g
- Jumbo egg protein per 100g
- Cheese enchilada fat per 100g
- How many calories does unsweetened almond milk have?
- Calories in a half of Churros
- Calories in whole Churros
- Calories for one, two or more Churros
- How much protein in Smarties?