Cod vs Salmon: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Cod fillet vs salmon - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in cod fillet is much less calories than in salmon.
Cod fillet has 82 kcal per 100g and salmon 208 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 154 %.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in cod fillet cames from protein and in salmon from fat.
cod fillet or salmon - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: salmon - 154% more than cod fillet.
- Fat: salmon - 1903% more than cod fillet.
- Protein: salmon - 15% more than cod fillet.
- Water: cod fillet - 20% more than salmon.
Cod fillet vs salmon: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|Fat||0.67 g||13.42 g|
|Protein||17.81 g||20.42 g|
|Water||81.22 g||64.89 g|
|Calcium||16 mg||9 mg|
|Iron||0.38 mg||0.34 mg|
|Magnessium||32 mg||27 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||0.5 mg|
|Potassium||413 mg||363 mg|
|Sodium||54 mg||59 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||0.5 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.076 mg||0.207 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.065 mg||0.155 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||2.063 mg||8.672 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.245 mg||0.636 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.007 mg||0.026 mg|
|Vitaminium C||1 mg||3.9 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.64 mg||3.55 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in cod fillet is less protein than in salmon.
There is 20.42g per 100g of salmon and 17.81g per 100g of cod fillet so using simple math we can see that difference is about 15 %.
Where is more carbs?
There is the same amount of carbohydrates in cod fillet and salmon - 0g/100g.
Where is more fats?
In cod fillet is less fats than in salmon.
Tables below show us that there is 13.42g/100g of fats in salmon and 0.67g/100g in cod fillet. In this case difference is about 1903 %.
See tables below to compare cod fillet with salmon in details.
- Fat0.67 g
- Protein17.81 g
- Water81.22 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 0% CARBS.
- 92% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
cod fillet or salmon - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): salmon - 172% more than cod fillet.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): salmon - 138% more than cod fillet.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): salmon - 320% more than cod fillet.
- Vitaminium B6: salmon - 160% more than cod fillet.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): salmon - 271% more than cod fillet.
- Vitaminium C: salmon - 290% more than cod fillet.
- Vitaminium E: salmon - 455% more than cod fillet.
cod fillet or salmon - where is more minerals?
- Calcium: cod fillet - 44% more than salmon.
- Iron: cod fillet - 11% more than salmon.
- Magnessium: cod fillet - 16% more than salmon.
- Phosphorus: salmon - 400% more than cod fillet.
- Potassium: cod fillet - 12% more than salmon.
- Sodium: salmon - 9% more than cod fillet.
- Zink: salmon - 400% more than cod fillet.
Compares of cod fillet
- Anchovy vs Cod Fillet
- Carp vs Cod Fillet
- Cod Fillet vs Eel
- Cod Fillet vs Flounder
- Cod Fillet vs Halibut
- Cod Fillet vs Mackerel
Compares of salmon
- Calories from Cod
- Calories of Cranberry juice
- Calories in Instant coffee
- Oxtail calories per 100g
- Calamari carbs per 100g
- Jumbo egg protein per 100g
- Cheese enchilada fat per 100g
- How many calories does unsweetened almond milk have?
- Calories in a half of Churros
- Calories in whole Churros
- Calories for one, two or more Churros
- How much protein in Smarties?