Cod vs Mackerel: All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Cod fillet vs mackerel - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in cod fillet is much more calories than in mackerel.
Cod fillet has 82 kcal per 100g and mackerel 205 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 150 %.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in cod fillet cames from protein and in mackerel from fat.
cod fillet or mackerel - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: mackerel - 150% more than cod fillet
- Fat: mackerel - 1973% more than cod fillet
- Protein: mackerel - 4% more than cod fillet
- Water: cod fillet - 28% more than mackerel
Cod fillet vs mackerel nutrition, vitamins and minerals
|Fat||0.67 g||13.89 g|
|Protein||17.81 g||18.6 g|
|Water||81.22 g||63.55 g|
|Calcium||16 mg||12 mg|
|Iron||0.38 mg||1.63 mg|
|Magnessium||32 mg||76 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||5 mg|
|Potassium||413 mg||314 mg|
|Sodium||54 mg||90 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||5 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.076 mg||0.176 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.065 mg||0.312 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||2.063 mg||9.08 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.245 mg||0.399 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.007 mg||0.001 mg|
|Vitaminium C||1 mg||0.4 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.64 mg||1.52 mg|
It is aslo easy to see see that in cod fillet is less protein than in mackerel.
There is 18.6g per 100g of mackerel and 17.81g per 100g of cod fillet so using simple math we can see that difference is about 4 %.
There is the same amount of carbohydrates in cod fillet and mackerel - 0g/100g.
In cod fillet is less fats than in mackerel.
The tables above show us that there is 13.89g/100g of fats in mackerel and 0.67g/100g in cod fillet. In this case difference is about 1973 %.
See tables below to compare cod fillet with mackerel in details.
- Fat0.67 g
- Protein17.81 g
- Water81.22 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 0% CARBS.
- 92% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: mackerel vs cod fillet
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): mackerel 132% more than cod fillet
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): mackerel 380% more than cod fillet
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): mackerel 340% more than cod fillet
- Vitaminium B6: mackerel 63% more than cod fillet
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cod fillet 600% more than mackerel
- Vitaminium C: cod fillet 150% more than mackerel
- Vitaminium E: mackerel 138% more than cod fillet
Minerals: cod fillet vs mackerel
- Calcium: cod fillet 33% more than mackerel
- Iron: mackerel 329% more than cod fillet
- Magnessium: mackerel 138% more than cod fillet
- Phosphorus: mackerel 4900% more than cod fillet
- Potassium: cod fillet 32% more than mackerel
- Sodium: mackerel 67% more than cod fillet
- Zink: mackerel 4900% more than cod fillet
Compares of cod fillet
- Cod Fillet vs Anchovy
- Cod Fillet vs Carp
- Cod Fillet vs Eel
- Cod Fillet vs Flounder
- Cod Fillet vs Halibut
- Cod Fillet vs Mackerel
- see all compares of cod fillet
Compares of mackerel
- Calories from Cod
- Calories of Cranberry juice
- Calories in Instant coffee
- Oxtail calories per 100g
- Calamari carbs per 100g
- Jumbo egg protein per 100g
- Cheese enchilada fat per 100g
- How many calories does unsweetened almond milk have?
- Calories in a half of Churros
- Calories in whole Churros
- Calories for one, two or more Churros
- How much protein in Smarties?