Cod vs Halibut (Fillet, Meat): All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Cod fillet vs halibut - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in cod fillet is much less calories than in halibut.
Cod fillet has 82 kcal per 100g and halibut 186 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 127 %.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in cod fillet cames from protein and in halibut from fat.
cod fillet or halibut - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: halibut - 127% more than cod fillet.
- Fat: halibut - 1966% more than cod fillet.
- Protein: cod fillet - 19% more than halibut.
- Water: cod fillet - 13% more than halibut.
Cod fillet vs halibut: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|per 100g||Cod||Halibut (fillet, meat)|
|Fat||0.67 g||13.84 g|
|Protein||17.81 g||14.37 g|
|Water||81.22 g||70.27 g|
|Calcium||16 mg||3 mg|
|Iron||0.38 mg||0.66 mg|
|Magnessium||32 mg||26 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Potassium||413 mg||268 mg|
|Sodium||54 mg||80 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.076 mg||0.06 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.065 mg||0.08 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||2.063 mg||1.5 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.245 mg||0.42 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.007 mg||0.001 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.64 mg||0.73 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in cod fillet is more protein than in halibut.
There is 14.37g per 100g of halibut and 17.81g per 100g of cod fillet so using simple math we can see that difference is about 19 %.
Where is more carbs?
There is the same amount of carbohydrates in cod fillet and halibut - 0g/100g.
Where is more fats?
In cod fillet is less fats than in halibut.
Tables below show us that there is 13.84g/100g of fats in halibut and 0.67g/100g in cod fillet. In this case difference is about 1966 %.
See tables below to compare cod fillet with halibut in details.
- Fat0.67 g
- Protein17.81 g
- Water81.22 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 0% CARBS.
- 92% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
cod fillet or halibut - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): cod fillet - 21% more than halibut.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): halibut - 23% more than cod fillet.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): cod fillet - 27% more than halibut.
- Vitaminium B6: halibut - 71% more than cod fillet.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cod fillet - 86% more than halibut.
- Vitaminium E: halibut - 14% more than cod fillet.
cod fillet or halibut - where is more minerals?
- Calcium: cod fillet - 81% more than halibut.
- Iron: halibut - 74% more than cod fillet.
- Magnessium: cod fillet - 19% more than halibut.
- Phosphorus: halibut - 0% more than cod fillet.
- Potassium: cod fillet - 35% more than halibut.
- Sodium: halibut - 48% more than cod fillet.
- Zink: halibut - 0% more than cod fillet.
Compares of cod fillet
- Anchovy vs Cod Fillet
- Carp vs Cod Fillet
- Cod Fillet vs Eel
- Cod Fillet vs Flounder
- Cod Fillet vs Halibut
- Cod Fillet vs Mackerel
Compares of halibut
- Calories from Cod
- Calories of Cranberry juice
- Calories in Instant coffee
- Oxtail calories per 100g
- Calamari carbs per 100g
- Jumbo egg protein per 100g
- Cheese enchilada fat per 100g
- How many calories does unsweetened almond milk have?
- Calories in a half of Churros
- Calories in whole Churros
- Calories for one, two or more Churros
- How much protein in Smarties?