Cod vs Halibut (Fillet, Meat): All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Fact 1: There is More Calories in Cod fillet
At first glance, you can see that in cod fillet is much more calories than in halibut.
Cod fillet has 82 kcal per 100g and halibut 186 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 127 %.
Additionally, it is also easy to notice that most of the calories in cod fillet cames from protein and in halibut from fat.
See tables below to compare cod fillet with halibut in details.
Fact 2: Cod fillet And Halibut Nutrition Difference
Halibut vs Cod fillet: Vitamins and Minerals Comparison
|per 100g||Cod||Halibut (fillet, meat)|
|Fat||0.67 g||13.84 g|
|Protein||17.81 g||14.37 g|
|Water||81.22 g||70.27 g|
|Calcium||16 mg||3 mg|
|Iron||0.38 mg||0.66 mg|
|Magnessium||32 mg||26 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Potassium||413 mg||268 mg|
|Sodium||54 mg||80 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.076 mg||0.06 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.065 mg||0.08 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||2.063 mg||1.5 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.245 mg||0.42 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.007 mg||0.001 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.64 mg||0.73 mg|
More protein in cod fillet
It is aslo easy to see see that in cod fillet is more protein than in halibut.
There is 14.37g per 100g of halibut and 17.81g per 100g of cod fillet so using simple math we can see that difference is about 24 %.
Less fat in cod fillet
In cod fillet is less fats than in halibut.
The tables above show us that there is 13.84g/100g of fats in halibut and 0.67g/100g in cod fillet. In this case difference is about 1966 %.
- Fat0.67 g
- Protein17.81 g
- Water81.22 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 0% CARBS.
- 92% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
Vitamins: halibut vs cod fillet
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): cod fillet 27% more than halibut
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): halibut 23% more than cod fillet
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): cod fillet 38% more than halibut
- Vitaminium B6: halibut 71% more than cod fillet
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cod fillet 600% more than halibut
- Vitaminium E: halibut 14% more than cod fillet
Minerals: cod fillet vs halibut
Compares of cod fillet
- Cod Fillet vs Anchovy
- Cod Fillet vs Carp
- Cod Fillet vs Eel
- Cod Fillet vs Flounder
- Cod Fillet vs Halibut
- Cod Fillet vs Mackerel
- see all compares of cod fillet
Compares of halibut
- Calories from Cod
- Calories of Cranberry juice
- Calories in Instant coffee
- Oxtail calories per 100g
- Calamari carbs per 100g
- Jumbo egg protein per 100g
- Cheese enchilada fat per 100g
- How many calories does unsweetened almond milk have?
- Calories in a half of Churros
- Calories in whole Churros
- Calories for one, two or more Churros
- How much protein in Smarties?