Cod vs Flounder (Fillet, Meat): All Nutritional Differences
Where is more calories, protein, carbs - what is more healthy?
Cod fillet vs flounder - where is more calories?
At first glance, you can see that in cod fillet is more calories than in flounder.
Cod fillet has 82 kcal per 100g and flounder 70 kcal per 100g so it is pretty easy to calculate that the difference is about 15 %.
In cod fillet and in flounder most calories came from protein.
cod fillet or flounder - where is more nutrients?
- Calories: cod fillet - 15% more than flounder.
- Fat: flounder - 188% more than cod fillet.
- Protein: cod fillet - 30% more than flounder.
- Water: flounder - 4% more than cod fillet.
Cod fillet vs flounder: detailed nutrition, vitamins and minerals comparison
|per 100g||Cod||Flounder (fillet, meat)|
|Fat||0.67 g||1.93 g|
|Protein||17.81 g||12.41 g|
|Water||81.22 g||84.63 g|
|Calcium||16 mg||21 mg|
|Iron||0.38 mg||0.18 mg|
|Magnessium||32 mg||18 mg|
|Phosphorus||0.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Potassium||413 mg||160 mg|
|Sodium||54 mg||296 mg|
|Zink||0.1 mg||0.1 mg|
|Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine)||0.076 mg||0.022 mg|
|Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin)||0.065 mg||0.02 mg|
|Vitaminium B3 (Niacin)||2.063 mg||1.04 mg|
|Vitaminium B6||0.245 mg||0.098 mg|
|Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid)||0.007 mg||0.005 mg|
|Vitaminium E||0.64 mg||0.63 mg|
Where is more protein?
It is aslo easy to see see that in cod fillet is more protein than in flounder.
There is 12.41g per 100g of flounder and 17.81g per 100g of cod fillet so using simple math we can see that difference is about 30 %.
Where is more carbs?
There is the same amount of carbohydrates in cod fillet and flounder - 0g/100g.
Where is more fats?
In cod fillet is less fats than in flounder.
Tables below show us that there is 1.93g/100g of fats in flounder and 0.67g/100g in cod fillet. In this case difference is about 188 %.
See tables below to compare cod fillet with flounder in details.
- Fat0.67 g
- Protein17.81 g
- Water81.22 g
100g | ounce | single piece
- 0% CARBS.
- 92% PROTEIN
- 8% FAT
cod fillet or flounder - where is more vitamins?
- Vitaminium B1 (Thiamine): cod fillet - 71% more than flounder.
- Vitaminium B2 (riboflavin): cod fillet - 69% more than flounder.
- Vitaminium B3 (Niacin): cod fillet - 50% more than flounder.
- Vitaminium B6: cod fillet - 60% more than flounder.
- Vitaminium B9 (Folic acid): cod fillet - 29% more than flounder.
- Vitaminium E: cod fillet - 2% more than flounder.
cod fillet or flounder - where is more minerals?
- Calcium: flounder - 31% more than cod fillet.
- Iron: cod fillet - 53% more than flounder.
- Magnessium: cod fillet - 44% more than flounder.
- Phosphorus: flounder - 0% more than cod fillet.
- Potassium: cod fillet - 61% more than flounder.
- Sodium: flounder - 448% more than cod fillet.
- Zink: flounder - 0% more than cod fillet.
Compares of cod fillet
- Anchovy vs Cod Fillet
- Carp vs Cod Fillet
- Cod Fillet vs Eel
- Cod Fillet vs Flounder
- Cod Fillet vs Halibut
- Cod Fillet vs Mackerel
Compares of flounder
- Calories from Cod
- Calories of Cranberry juice
- Calories in Instant coffee
- Oxtail calories per 100g
- Calamari carbs per 100g
- Jumbo egg protein per 100g
- Cheese enchilada fat per 100g
- How many calories does unsweetened almond milk have?
- Calories in a half of Churros
- Calories in whole Churros
- Calories for one, two or more Churros
- How much protein in Smarties?